Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have returned home finally.. actually that should be "home"... as it may only be so for another day or two. shake

Disney is shit to work for... especially when it is a case of being in fear of a perpetual Day 1 Lynch (i.e. termination) that may come for no reason. Sadly, that is by far from the only reason. Why, oh why, didn't I do more research into the Disney College Program before I went ??? ugh shake

I've apparently been terminated. When was I? Sometime during the con, possibly Sunday, possibly earlier. Why was I terminated? Not a fucking clue. Did they contact me about it? Nope. No phone call to me, no phone call to my apartment, no letter, no email... The only reason I know anything about this is because they changed the lock on the door and gave my roommates a letter saying they were changing the lock and that one of the roommates had been terminated. They had to go to the front desk to even find out merely who had been terminated. So when I get up later today I will have to go over there and find out what the hell is going on. angry

So I will post my thoughts on bgg.con eventually, but no guarantees on when. Also, my games I am modding are very likely to at least be delayed for a week. I also apologize to those whom I am playing games with currently as my participation is likely to be sparse and intermittent at best. Things are only compounded by the fact that I'll have to send my computer ahead of me by as much as I can as I live in the opposite corner of the country from Florida. I will still try to post as much as I can though.

And the airline decided to add insult to injury too... they lost by freaking bag. shake

Btw, if you need to contact me, still try PMs, but I won't guarantee any responses. If you need to get a hold of me, give me a call. And if you don't have my number, feel free to shoot me a PM for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just one follow-up note:

Later today I should have a much better idea of what's going to be going on this week. And I will post something here to give an update.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Payne
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmb
Bloody hell, dude...

Take all the time you need. We'll still be here when you get back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Starkey
United States
Dayton
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry to hear that. That's horrible. I hope things work out for you, and you get settled back in soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Golden Lotus
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
That stinks... soblue

Take the time you need. We'll be waiting.

If you need anything, just ask!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Hinkle
United States
Twinsburg
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry Jeremy, that fucking blows. Keep us posted, and I hope it works out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Weird. That stinks. Welcome to corporate america.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
Spread the conFUDsion wherever you can...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Best of luck sorting out the insanity, RF. (See - we can switch back to BGG IDs now... no more of this Jeremy stuff ).

We'll keep the seats open for you. I'd offer to put you up while you sort stuff out, but that might prove a little out of your way...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck in getting back on track Royal, take all the time you need. We'll see you when you've got everything sorted out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to hear that Royal. Disney sucks. Good luck with everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jolene L
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
Really sorry to hear about that, Royal. And not even the decency to give you some notice! shake Good luck getting things sorted out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MandaBug
United States
Starkville
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that's awful! I hope it leads to much better things!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seppi
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
More proof that Disney is evil!
[vote Disney]

Sorry to hear of such struggles RF, keep your head up, it ultimately means better things are to come.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Fabulous
United States
Hillsborough/Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
purely as a lay person b/c it's unethical for me as a first year law student to actually offer any sort of legal advice...

I know you're the epitome of small fish, but careful that you're not precluded by your employment contracct from saying anything negative about Disney or your hiring/firing.. that's the kind of 1984 bullshit they would have in a contract..

I can say whatever I want about Disney, like how they trick college students into taking "internships" that are basically crap jobs for shit wages and you can be happy to be rid of them..

how that kind of failure to provide even the smallest bit of consideration is indicative of why Disney is "the man" and "the man" SUCKS...

now to those of you planning to visit there.. just remember that your slow moving clerk is probably just another disaffected college student tricked by the Disney machine into accepting an "internship" & his/her soul is slowly dying so that you can go to the gift shop any time from dawn to nearly midnight.

also, I heard Mickey is a chick.. pass it on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Tompkins
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!
badge
You know what would be funny...
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn. I just got around to reading this thread. I am truly sorry, Jeremy. If there is anything I can do to help you out, let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
United States
Shaker Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Damn dude, that totally blows! Sorry to hear that. Good luck sorting it all out. I hope it all works out for the best though. Ya know that whole lemons/lemonade thing...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turner
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow that does blow.

Sorry Jeremy

DT

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ZOMG ITS
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Man that is really fucking aweful. Hope everything gets back on track. I'm wishing you the best of luck in sorting everything out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn... I was sooooo hoping this was a just cruel joke from your roommates (yeah, I know you said they wouldn't do *that* sort of joke, but the hope was still somewhat there) so I could tell you to kick their ass some for me for doing that... Damn...

Glad I was able to lend an ear for you to vent to when you found out on Sunday! Hope everything gets sorted out soon and we will see ya back on here ASAP!!

And fuck them for robbing you of seeing a Space Shuttle lauch again! yuk yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Browne
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking for a silver lining, like "At least they didn't tell you before you went to con - at least you'd have had fun at the con without this hanging over you" but it seems like they ruined THAT for you too?

Damn the man.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
~MUST LOVE~ ~Geeky Time Lords~
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
*tight hugs*

Hope it all works out for you, Jeremy. But, think of it this way. They were the ones who lost out in the long run. Keep us informed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jwandke wrote:
Weird. That stinks. Welcome to corporate america.

Disney eats souls to gather strength.

Good luck, Jeremy Croft Flush Jolie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kuchick wrote:

also, I heard Mickey is a chick.. pass it on!

He has nothing, I mean NOTHING in his pants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
That sucks ... do keep us posted on how you are doing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Thingamagummy
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Don't make me bust out the drama!!
badge
Panda is a Werewolf. The Village wins!
mbmbmbmbmb
Geeez!!!!

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope it was *ahem* not liking the comments that we shouted on Skype. That would just make me feel awful if we had anything to do with it!

The whole locking you out is 100% uncool. And where do you think they're going to try and deliver your bag??? Ugh!

Good luck with everything and keep us posted!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.