Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Thrower
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just spent ages on a geeklist. There was so much text it made my fingers hurt to type. When I'd finished, I scrolled up to make a quick change to the title and accidentally clicked on an advert and lost the lot.

I'm very upset.

Is there any chance we can have a "save" function for geeklists?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Set the list to 'private'. Than you can edit it as long as you want, and save (submit) it in between. When you're finished, set it to 'public'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Thrower
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Werbaer wrote:
Set the list to 'private'. Than you can edit it as long as you want, and save (submit) it in between. When you're finished, set it to 'public'.

But that'll mean the date is set for when you started editing - if you leave it a couple of days it's not going to appear on the "recent" list when you publish it, isn't it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.
But i thought about a couple of hours, not a couple of days.

If you need days or weeks, you could consider to prohibit public adding of items when you release the forst version of the list, and allow it once the list is complete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lajos
Japan
Hachiouji
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I write long forum or geeklist text in MS Word and safe it as a word file. When the text is finished I copy and paste it into the geeklist / forum form. This not only makes it possible to save your text (and work on it for an extended period), but it also is much easier if you have a lot of text (the forum and geeklist text boxes are not very big).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Richardson
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
I'm with Lajos here... I always build a Geeklist offline in a separate text file. Everything goes in that file: game IDs, picture IDs, and text. Only when it is completely finished – and saved on my hard drive – do I actually create the Geeklist. Then I just copy and paste everything, and I'm done.

A not-so-subtle advantage of this method is that it allows me to use a spell checker... that saves a lot of embarrassment!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MattDP wrote:
When I'd finished, I scrolled up to make a quick change to the title and accidentally clicked on an advert and lost the lot.

I'm very upset.

A save function would be great, but until then, I think in that situation if you'd have clicked the back button, and then hit refresh, and then clicked confirm on the "do you want to resend?" question, then your list would have come back up at the last preview you had clicked through.

Two notes: This is how it works in MSIE, but I don't see why it wouldn't work in Firefox (seeing as how great it is), and this only works if you've been clicking Preview as you go. What you are really doing is re-posting the last preview click that you sent out, that is cached in your browsers memory. But, if you're like me, you preview after about every 3 lines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.