Subject: Acts of Vengeance question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sascha Hoppe
Germany
Braunschweig / City of Lions
flag msg tools
mbmb
In this scenario the Nemesis may choose 2 scheming actions instead of one.

The Nemesis' also have their special "scheming" ability.

Question: Does this ability count as an individual scheming action or is it rather an modification of the "normal" scheming actions?

If it is not individual, then it is clear. You choose a scheming action, apply the modifiers for scheming skill, and then you choose a second action. Would make it far easier for the Nemesis to get the three masterplans in time.

Last time we played it, we counted the scheming abilities as individual actions and I thought it was kind of hard to get the three masterplans so fast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure exactly what you mean.
In Acts of Vengeance, a Mastermind may use two Scheming options - eg drawing cards & boosting combat, or draw cards & raise trouble.

When a Mastermind has an "additional" scheming ability (e.g. all "basic" scheming abilities except Doom), that ability can be added to the two "normal" scheming options.

Eg Red Skull could Draw Cards, Boost Combat (two scheming options), and discard 1 Villain card to raise the Threat level (using his ability).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Hoppe
Germany
Braunschweig / City of Lions
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks!

That's exactly what I was meaning. We played that "discard 1 Villain card to raise the Threat level (using his ability)" was already a scheming-action. (if someone chose the ability, he had in fact made one scheming-action less)

Then there was the discussion if you can use "discard 1 Villain card to raise the Threat level (using his ability)" only, if you have chosen "raise the Threat level" as one of the scheming-actions, or also in the way that you have described here, what kind of makes 3 scheming-actions out of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bryant
United States
Jamaica Plain
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I take it that Dr. Doom still nerfed in that he can only choose to raise the threat level and draw cards based on the highest ready Hero in the area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Schaefer
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Yes, although drawing more cards AND raising the threat level could potentially grant the capacity for the blockers to put out more villains to combat the F4, which is the experiment I am currently running to try and bring them into balance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.