Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Al Johnson
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
At the end of the game, every player takes one last grand tour on the colored line matching his oval token (can't remember what it was called) given to him at the beginning of the game. The rules say to score this as a normal grand tour. I don't see the sense in this. In a four player game, 4 of the 5 lines would score, so it doesn't seem like it would play much into the strategy. I suppose you could get unlucky and have a lot of your businesses laid out along the line that wasn't scored. I was wondering if it meant on the last grand tour, that you only score for your businesses. Any ideas?

Al Johnson

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Oliver
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The scores can be very close in this game. If you don't score well in the last grand tour, that could cost you the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Johnson
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So am I reading it correctly - on the last grand tour do you score as normal or only for yourself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sjoholm
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here, please move along.
mbmbmbmbmb
Score it as normal. You want to try to discern which routes will score based on how everybody is playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
On BSW you can use the "German tournament rules" in which every line has one last grand tour at the end. I think it's meant to take randomness out of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.