JESUS TORRES CASTRO
Spain
CÓRDOBA
Andalucía
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Hola:

We have our LotR game years ago, but we hace just notice this now, and we don't know if anybody has already talked about it:

In the Pippin character card, you can see the Rohan flag (horse) behind him. So, this picture must be Merry, according to the book (Pippin goes to Gondor with Gandalf, Merry fights with Eowyn in Rohan army).

In resume: Are the drawings in Merry and Pippin cards interchanged?
(We meant, Merry card drawing must be Pippin, and Pippin card drawing must be Merry)

Thanks for help and opinions!

SONSO & JESS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Manfredini
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Check out Island Siege!
badge
Geekmail me for a Venture Forth promo!
mbmbmbmbmb
I went back and looked, and I think you may be right. The Rohan flag is definitetly behind one of the hobbits, which would mostly likely mean he is Merry. It might just be a slip-up! It will be a nice piece of trivia to bring up the next time we play. Thanks for pointing it out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Talorien
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We were wondering if anyone else noticed the same thing

The colours in the pictures are another clue: green (Rohan) must be Merry and blue/black (Gondor) Pippin.

The rulebook illustrations have the same misprint too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Folkert
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got this game as a gift, and I noticed this as well. My inner geek is disappointed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.