Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I absolutely loathe the Med-Pak. Once a Human gets hold of this he becomes a god.

Hopefully with the recent rule tweaks that will be included as standard in all of our future games it won't be as much of a headache anymore.

But, I do find it strange that there is an actual cure for the incurable zombie disease/plague that has swept through the nation and reduced the world into chaos. Lo and behold it's a bottle of over the counter medicine that someone's left behind - either in the trunk of the car, in the kitchen, in the bedroom or in the garage etc etc etc.

So here's a suggestion that will lower the Med-Paks miracle cure status and bring it in line with true Zombie mythology:

Currently:
Heals a wound (stops Zombification as it occurs). This card may be held until needed.

Suggestion:
Stops Zombification as it occurs, may be held until needed. Thereafter
at the end of the infected players turn they must roll 2D6. On the
roll of a double 1 they succumb to the infection, replace the figure
with a Zombie.

I think this gives a more accurate representation of what the Med-Pak should achieve (think Roger & the bandages and morphine in Dawn of the Dead).

A slow inevitable death to the player. But also the other Humans will have to seriously think twice wherever teamwork is required.

Any comments or suggestions?
Rob.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Tracey
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I must preface this by saying I have yet to play the game, but hopefully soon.

Maybe with the med-pack, the very first turn after use, the "saved" player will become infected on the roll of a two. The next turn, the player will be infected on the roll of a 2 or a 3. Then, on the roll of a 2, 3, or 4. This could continue up to maybe 6. The medicine holds off the infection for a little bit, but the player will have to be very resiliant to resist the infection for long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.