Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon H
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there anyone dedicated enough to commit to a long-term Grand Campaign in the London area? I have one or two friends who would be interested, but six is obviously the optimum number and none of the groups I play with ever exceeds five players and certainly not on a regular basis.

Post here if interested and able to commit to regular (fortnightly?) sessions! (awaits the tumbleweed....)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephen stanton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
What part of the London area? I'm based in central Berkshire. I am interested if it's not too far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon H
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be North London - probably the Archway area (Northern Line, High Barnet branch, or the A1 if driving) as two of us live around there. What times/days are potentially best for you? This will take a long time to organise, of course, but it'll be worth it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon H
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shaldon wrote:
Still waiting

Depends on if you want to do it PBEM... I have done several games by email in the past. There are a few rules that need to be cleaned up. Also there is a "newer" 8 person game update. I can dig up the website if you want.

I live up in Huntingdon, but that is too far of a drive/rail to play consistently.

Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the EU8 website.

http://bamgames.free.fr/Europa/EU8/

Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon H
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thamks, I'll check it out. But I was hoping for a face to face game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Hales
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I think we should celebrate that a mere 3 1/2 years after Simon first posted this thread, we will be starting on 21 August! In terms of this game, I think that's as fast as lightning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon H
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't count your chickens, there's two weeks for someone to drop out...soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, congrats! I suggest that you go through the rules and see if there are any glaring loopholes. And have everyone be flexible with the rules. Our group still has rules debates about every turn, and we have people who have played for years. We vote and move on.

If you PM me with your email address, I'll send you our consolidated rules document. It includes extension 1 & 2, but you don't have to use those. (They are cool though!)

Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon H
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I already emailed you Jason, regarding watching your game on ACTS, the other day. Please do send me the rules clarifications you are using. I have spent many hours over the last few years reviewing rules decisions from the newsgroup and other game reports. Still I fear there may be more than a few 'votes' called!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AHA! I didn't put that together. whistle I just sent you the rules. Hope your game commences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.