Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michele Lupo
Italy
Lecce
Puglia
flag msg tools
mb
I'm about to attend a big tournament the next saturday and i'm still very undecided about deck choices, so i wanted to hear some opinions.

If you had to play the deck that gave you the best shot at winning today, what would you bring? Why?

The Valley won't be legal, so we can stick to the already known O&C meta.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bring HB rush. Yes HB Rush. With Custom Biotics. So you can import rush ICE. YES.

And runner side...... Massive MU datafolding sage decks. Those look insanely fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Lupo
Italy
Lecce
Puglia
flag msg tools
mb
You see, the problem is that those decks allow both me and my opponent to have fun while playing.

I don't want my opponent to have fun!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijer
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Argus Security! Bring snares and Neural EMPs, as well as Dedicated Response Team and maybe even Manhunt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dwjmeijer wrote:
Argus Security! Bring snares and Neural EMPs, as well as Dedicated Response Team and maybe even Manhunt.

I've been building an Argus for the longest time and I can't take it seriously. Every time I look at my collection of cards and the very little ICE in the deck I just go pfffffft lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Lupo
Italy
Lecce
Puglia
flag msg tools
mb
Why does Argus need to run few ice? Between Shadow, Hunter, checkpoint, searchlight, Matrix Analyzer, Data Raven, the obligatory Chum, you really end up having a great array of useable ice! As long as you don't run only one point agendas...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Twice
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Wolf88 wrote:
If you had to play the deck that gave you the best shot at winning today, what would you bring? Why?

I went undefeated with my Industrial Genomics last tournament and the metagame is extremely favourable to it, so it would be my Corp choice for sure.

As for Runner, I would take Kim or Stirling. Something with Medium to hit NBN, basically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
Bring HB rush. Yes HB Rush. With Custom Biotics. So you can import rush ICE. YES.

And runner side...... Massive MU datafolding sage decks. Those look insanely fun.

Are you spying on me? I'm playing a Data-foldiong Sage-osaurus and a Custom Biotics deck at the moment. Won both games this lunch, too!

(That's not to say they're any good!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LeonardQuirm wrote:
Tuism wrote:

Are you spying on me? I'm playing a Data-foldiong Sage-osaurus and a Custom Biotics deck at the moment. Won both games this lunch, too!

(That's not to say they're any good!)

Good man Glad to see I'm not the only nutter around

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Lupo
Italy
Lecce
Puglia
flag msg tools
mb
I actually had a friend play that kind of deck against me and i'll admit that Sage is better than i thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wolf88 wrote:
I actually had a friend play that kind of deck against me and i'll admit that Sage is better than i thought.

It is AMAZING if you get the whole suite up and running, but yeah, getting there is half the battle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beyer
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
more.
badge
Tuism wrote:
dwjmeijer wrote:

I've been building an Argus for the longest time and I can't take it seriously. Every time I look at my collection of cards and the very little ICE in the deck I just go pfffffft lol
wat?
Why does Argus end up looking like that?
I'm in the initial phases of building an 19 ICE, 6 agendas, 4 scorched, 2 SEA, 3 punitive, 2 Archived Memories deck that from 20 initial draws looks promising.

There is definitely something I'm not getting here. I'm totally unfamiliar with Weyland so there are bound to be things I'm not getting about the Argus 'archetype'.

What does Argus actually do properly (not what would people like that it did)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
Putting 4 scorched earth into your deck suggests you are missing something more than just how weyland works

I imagine most people put a lot of 1 pointers and try to play similarly to Personal Evolution. I prefer to use it with putting more pressure on the runner when they do steal that agenda (either removing tags or taking damage) and stick to a more sensible set of agendas for punitive or midseasons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beyer
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
more.
badge
Kamakaze wrote:
Putting 4 scorched earth into your deck suggests you are missing something more than just how weyland works

I imagine most people put a lot of 1 pointers and try to play similarly to Personal Evolution. I prefer to use it with putting more pressure on the runner when they do steal that agenda (either removing tags or taking damage) and stick to a more sensible set of agendas for punitive or midseasons.
No no, 4 Scorched makes the probability of drawing them MUCH better...

I'm building with 3/6 pointers for Punitive. I'm running SEA source through, since Midseason is so expensive influence-wise.
I was hoping that 2*Punitive or Punitive + Archived would help me put on some pressure.
The very low agenda count also means that R&D isn't AS susceptible to accesses as decks with higher agenda counts, but I don't really know how that fans out over the long run.

What about currents? Paywalls/Housekeeping?

Edit: Also I'm slow. I just saw the interaction with dedicated response team... Are people running that or is it simply too much hassle to protect it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stunke wrote:
Kamakaze wrote:

I'm building with 3/6 pointers for Punitive. I'm running SEA source through, since Midseason is so expensive influence-wise.
I was hoping that 2*Punitive or Punitive + Archived would help me put on some pressure.
The very low agenda count also means that R&D isn't AS susceptible to accesses as decks with higher agenda counts, but I don't really know how that fans out over the long run.

Edit: Also I'm slow. I just saw the interaction with dedicated response team... Are people running that or is it simply too much hassle to protect it?

You... CAN'T put 4 scorched earths in. Netrunner's top limit per card is 3. Not 4. 4 of any card is illegal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
KC
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
Wolf88 wrote:
I'm about to attend a big tournament the next saturday and i'm still very undecided about deck choices, so i wanted to hear some opinions.

Me personally? I'd bring HB FA and Noiseshop. (I dropped 2x Scheherazade for 2x I've Had Worse now that O&C is out.) The HB FA list has won 3 Store Champs in our meta, and Noise is like the Runner version of NEH Fastro -- he just facerolls into wins sometimes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
KC
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
Wolf88 wrote:
You see, the problem is that those decks allow both me and my opponent to have fun while playing.

Ah! A wise man. If you don't want your opponent to have fun, might I recommend Reina Denial or MaxX Aggro with Eater/Keyhole/Siphon? Those lists are very good at not letting your opponent play Netrunner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beyer
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
more.
badge
Tuism wrote:
Stunke wrote:
Kamakaze wrote:

You... CAN'T put 4 scorched earths in. Netrunner's top limit per card is 3. Not 4. 4 of any card is illegal.

So Steven. How is your sarcasmometer lately? Broken?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Lupo
Italy
Lecce
Puglia
flag msg tools
mb
Agent Archer wrote:
Wolf88 wrote:

Ah! A wise man. If you don't want your opponent to have fun, might I recommend Reina Denial or MaxX Aggro with Eater/Keyhole/Siphon? Those lists are very good at not letting your opponent play Netrunner.

We think alike. Reina is really my cup of tea. But what on the corp side?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stunke wrote:
Tuism wrote:
Stunke wrote:
Kamakaze wrote:

So Steven. How is your sarcasmometer lately? Broken?

Seems like everyone's broken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
RP is not bad at the moment, but there are counters in the meta if you know where to look. Be it switch blade/morning star/quest completed/something else... It's not as bad as it once was now that NEH can be dealt with with a clot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
KC
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
Wolf88 wrote:
Agent Archer wrote:
Wolf88 wrote:

I already said HB FA. I don't think there's a Corp out there that does "you no play Netrunner!" the way the Runner side does, but HB FA is (IMO) all the cheaty FA goodness, but with an actual set of painful, resilient ice plus better assets. Sub PAD and Marked Accounts for Adonis and Eve? Yes please!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Lupo
Italy
Lecce
Puglia
flag msg tools
mb
Agent Archer wrote:
Wolf88 wrote:
Agent Archer wrote:
Wolf88 wrote:

I already said HB FA. I don't think there's a Corp out there that does "you no play Netrunner!" the way the Runner side does, but HB FA is (IMO) all the cheaty FA goodness, but with an actual set of painful, resilient ice plus better assets. Sub PAD and Marked Accounts for Adonis and Eve? Yes please!

Yeah, sorry, i was a bit confused by the double post

FA is really the answer i think. I like that decklist you posted, I have to give it a spin!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls