Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was very disappointed with this one. A group of 16 camels (4 each in a 4 player game) must stay together as an orthogonally adjacent group, leapfrogging each other in a race to get bonus points from landing on certain spaces, being first across a gorge, into the finish zone, etc. For movement, you roll 6 dice. 1's allow a 1 space move. 2's, 3's & 4's allow a jump over 1, 2, or 3 camels respectively in a straight line. 5's & 6's allow jumps over 4 or 5 camels, but allow one right angle turn mid-jump. It's the game that for me will now define the term downtime. The player before you, with their last movement, can completely change the options available to you, so you can do no planning based on the evolving position. At the start of your turn, you roll the 6 dice. Only then do you know what you can and can't move, and so you need to analyse best moves. And there are usually lots of potential moves as you can move everyone's camels, and each camel can move more than once, so you can set up nice moves. But it takes tiiiiiiime. I might try it with 2 players, but not likely again with more. A 3 after 1 play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.