Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Keythedral [+] [View All]
Karl Montzka
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
my wife and I have played a couple 2-player games and each time we have run out of resource cubes to buy the last couple tiles, or trade for needed cubes from the store. Each time we have been playing the short version as well. It is a disappointing way to finish the game by default. Has this happened to other people, or are we missing some rule to prevent this from happening?
Thanks for any tips.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, that is more than unusual, espcially since cubes go back to the general supply once you buy tiles! I have never seen it happen with 5 players too, so I'm convinced you're overlooking a rule. You do put them back in the general supply, don't you...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Montzka
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
That was it! We were putting cubes in the store instead of back into the supply when buying tiles. We misread the rules.
Thanks for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Smith
New Zealand
Wellington
--------------
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm puzzled, as I don't understand the distinction between the store and the general supply that you are drawing. As I understand the Rules, what they call the 'store' IS the general supply -

ie, Store = General Supply = Box Bottom

Am I missing something, or reading it wrong ??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.