United States
Media
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The compass always points to Terrapin.
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a game over the weekend that I thought was called "Kronos", but perhaps "Chronos". Jay was demoing/play-testing it, so I assume RGG has already or is looking to pick this up. The copy I played was a full-production copy, but I cannot find it listed here. Anyone know what it is I'm talking about? I have a vague recollection that the designer was French, if that helps any.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lartigue
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Khronos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. That would be Khronos, one of the hardest games to get at this year's Essen Fair.

And I have to give another yes to the fact the RGG will be publishing it. I do not want anyone to misunderstand: Jay didn't say that, but a incredibly trustworthy source did.

I watched Jay teach the game as I walked into the main room of Euroquest, and the game does look interesting, however their first play (including the 30 minute rules explanation) took well over 3 hours.

The loooong rules explanation was full of exception based gameplay. The ideas in the game seemed sound, and all that played came out of it wanting to give it another try...but damn that was a long explanation for a game, and even from the master himself

I will never get a chance to try it so I guess I will have to buy it..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
30 minutes explanation is very, very extreme. Once you've got the basics nailed down (how buildings move through time, which is explained in a minute, and how they form 'domains', which takes about three, with another three to explain the scoring rules), there's only two noteworthy exceptions to the rules to master. You should be able to explain the game in 15 minutes easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

NT. Hong Kong
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The theme reminds me of a card game: Chrononaut. A rather complex/confusing explanation experience. Though it turns out to be a very simple but brain-burning card game.

Hope Khrono could do better this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.