GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,669 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Sentinels of the Multiverse» Forums » Variants

Subject: "Eternal Scions" - Jonathan's Custom Card Compilation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Richardson
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So, I have quite a few customs in the works and, while I'm pretty good at creating solid mechanics, I'm only moderately skilled when it comes to art. Now I've spoken to tosx about doing some commission work, but he's pretty busy and may not will probably never have the time.

Still, with or without art, any balance issues with these decks will need to be fine tuned. Anyone that wants to help out is welcome.

Below you will find:

- A list of Heroes designed by me and my brothers. Some of them have character art, of which some is original.

- A list of Villains designed by me and my brothers. Most of them have some form of character art. One deck is fully artted using altered official art.

- A list of Environments designed by me and my brothers. No art here.

- A link to a google drive folder containing deck dividers for all posted Scions of the Multiverse decks (my stuff), Adelphophage's modified official Environments, Tosx's Cauldron material, and a few other decks like Johnny_Guitar_Watson's Ice Girl. The dividers are styled after the new tabbed versions coming in Oblivaeon and are formatted for Printer Studio.

Scions of the Multiverse

Heroes

- Apex
A bio-engineered android created during a cosmic energy storm.

- Defcon 7
An experimental, A.I. controlled, U.S. military defense robot.

- Fathom
A Spanish water controller who focuses on healing. (Has altered borrowed art for her hero side & original hand drawn art for her incapacitated)

- Fault Line
A Polynesian islander who generates seismic vibrations.

- Flicker
An American pop-star who can manipulate light and shadow.

- Ghostwolf
A graffiti artist street punk who is merged with a wraith-like being from another dimension. (Has altered borrowed character art)

- Gizmo
A German tech geek who builds a myriad of team support devices.

- Hardwire
A Nigerian genius who wields advanced technology powered by self generated electrical currents. (Has CG art for his hero side & hand drawn art for his incapacitated)

- Haunt
A Japanese who can enter the twilight world between life and death. (Has altered borrowed character art)

- Hyperbole
Boy magician with telekinesis who can create stabilized illusions. (Has hand drawn character art)

- Omega Warrior
A British soldier turned into a cybernetically enhanced warrior. (Has CG character art)

- Shrike
An American with exceptional archery skills. (Has hand drawn character art)

- Solitude
An ageless medieval priest who has taken an oath of silence and can generate force barriers.

- Talisman
A Native American who possesses a Shard of Creation and uses it to empower good luck charms with various effects. (Has hand drawn character art for his hero side)

- Whisper
A young girl with the ability to commune with spirit creatures and channel their energy. (Has hand drawn character art)

Villains

- Anomaly
A paranormal, dimensional rift that is merging two realities into one.

- Blacklist
An embittered vigilante taking out corrupt members of society.

- Dementia
An ex-C.I.A. agent who uses fear inducing drugs.

- Demise
A dark revenant who knows how to return from death stronger than ever. (Has CG character art)

- Dr. Sharkenstein
A gene-splicing scientist seeking to unlock the next stage of evolution. (Has CG character art)

- Epoch
Dark psionic versions of the 10 base game heroes. (Has full deck art using altered official art)

- Fallout
A radioactive psychopath. (Has CG character art)

- Hjordis
An undead empress with a legion of draugr. (Has altered borrowed character art)

- Masquerade
A French scientist who can make people live out illusionary scenarios.

- Mayhem
A Russian boxer with the ability to store up and unleash kinetic energy. (Has altered borrowed character art)

- Nagg
An ancient, primordial reptile that is evolving into the perfect creature. (Has altered borrowed character art)

- Paradigm
A young man dominated by an evil entity who turns the world into a phantasmal, warped version of itself.

- Xenofear
An bio-engineered, shape-changing guardian of an Atlantean treasure vault.

Environments

- Amusement Park
A carnival hijacked by a fiendish clown.

- LarsTech Facilities
A facility overrun by its own robotic products.

- Nuclear Power Station
A power plant being sabotaged by infiltrators.

- Oblivaeon Style Deck Dividers

These dividers are styled after the new tabbed versions coming in Oblivaeon and are formatted for use with Printer Studio's 'large' sized cards. Unfortunately, because of the tab, they can't be double-sided. Just chose to use the same image for the backs and use a mono-colored image for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Richardson
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: "Eternal Scions" - Fenix's Custom Card Compilation
- Reserved -

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Richardson
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

I mentioned on the Talisman thread that my brother and I have been trying our hand at making decent looking sentinel art.
He does the concept sketch and I bring it to life in paint shop.

So, I started on one of them and got everything done a couple months ago except the background, then I decided it was just too much work.
I have trouble with perspective, and shading is a real headache, so I put it aside.

My brother wasn't finished though and brought me concepts of more of our heroes, with not-so-subtle hints that should I keep working on them.

So, I worked on a few more pieces and actually finished them (I'll be posting them later once we get their decks ready) before I got around to drawing the rest of that first piece.

So here he is; concept first, then finished work.

I'm still not happy with the arrows. Just couldn't get them to look right for that perspective. I do think he turned out pretty good overall though.

So, it's interesting drawing this stuff, but way more work than I want it to be. I've told my bro in no uncertain terms that I will NOT be doing full deck art for these. Just no.

This has had the side effect of giving me even more respect for what Tosx has done. Bravo sir! I applaud your tenacity and skill.

Oh, and as a little game of sorts, I'll let you guess which hero from the list he is.
___

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Meeple
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EmperorEternal wrote:
Oh, and as a little game of sorts, I'll let you guess which hero from the list he is.
___
I'm gonna take a guess and say either Hardwire or Shrike.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Richardson
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Shrike posted.

Edit: Here's his incapacitated art.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Richardson
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Here's the art for my bother's first Hero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Richardson
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Just posted the villain Anomaly.
Have added the link to him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Richardson
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Added link to Demise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.