Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan O'Rourke
United States
Tobyhanna
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My wife and in-laws and I are going on an 11 day cruise through the Eastern Caribbean, leaving out of New York on Sunday, December 12th. We will be on the Norweigen Spirit.

Are any other geeks planning on taking this cruise?

I will be spending most of my time with them, but I wouldn't mind spending a day or two at sea playing games. Let me know and maybe we can arrange something.

Also, I'm looking for suggestions on ideal games to bring on the cruise. Card games are obviously the ideal size, however, we will be spending 2.5 days there and 2.5 days back at sea en route to the Caribbean.

Thus.....timewise, a nice chunky game would be ideal. So I'm looking to strike some balance between size and time. Also, keep in mind, that my wife and parents are not exactly gamers. I might be able to talk them into a 3 hours game, if I beg. But anything beyond that and I might have to start tracking down some geeks on the boat.

Please let me know!

Thanks,
Ryan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Squires
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a fun experience (especially if you can find any fellow gamers). Either way I recommend you take some games and try to rustle-up some new friends. I would start with Rette Sich Wer Kann.
Pirate games could be fun too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan O'Rourke
United States
Tobyhanna
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ooh, that sounds like a good one, but I'm going to have to wait for the reprint.

Pirate games are a good idea, though!

I own Mutineer, Korsar and Buccaneer. I was already planning to bring Mutineer. Perhaps I will bring the others, too.

Thanks!

And I just made a geeklist for this as well.

Ryan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason -
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Any geeks going on NCL Spirit to E. Caribbean Dec. 10-21
I'm looking at taking my family on an NCL cruise out of NY, but unfortunately not on those dates. For what it is worth, I've been on an NCL cruise once before and thought they did a very good job.

When I've traveled I've taken only two player compact games (e.g., Battleline, Lost Cities, San Juan) knowing that it would just be me playing with my wife.

I'm guessing you have four possible players (you, spouse, and spouse's parents). One thought on a game that you could try is Meuterer (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/902). I have NOT played this game (even though I've owned it for quite some time), but have always been intrigued by it and it has some very good reviews/comments. It is supposedly best with four. It strikes me as a game with some "meat" to it, yet it all fits into a deck of cards box (every game piece is a card). The catch: it's not in English, so you'd want to print out the translated instructions and possibly some of the English player aids that people have uploaded onto BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan O'Rourke
United States
Tobyhanna
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Jason, thanks! Meuterer is actually the game I meant to name above when I said "Mutineer." I haven't played either, but I read the rules and am ready to teach it. This is definitely one I will be bringing!

Ryan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.