Popular Tags: [View All]
Dexblair .
Malaysia
Desa Petaling
W.P.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi,

Q1) can play "Armor-Plate Waist(1)" and "Armor-Plate Head(1)" together?

Q2) do Ally exhaust when defending, assuming the Ally is ready?

Q3) do Ally exhaust when using it's payment power?
-if NO, then i can use it as many times as i can pay.

Q4) does Hero need a weapon to use the ability "Cleave", it stated that "... of your Melee weapons."?

Q5) A ready Ally with an activated power require the ally to exhaust. If by any ability caused the Ally to exhaust, does the activate power get trigger?

Q6) from Rules, Can't use the power/ability from Ally unless Ally play since the start of the turn
Crazy Igvand, Ally - Dwarf Warrior, Power: Protector
- During PlayerA turn, he play Crazy Igvand, can't do attack with him for he just come into play, then PlayerB turn, his ally attack PlayerA Hero, so can PlayerA exhaust Crazy Igvand to be the Protector?

thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dimitris filippatos
Greece
patra
greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi
Q1. yes u can. first is waist second is head.
Q2. no only a protector exhaust when defending
Q3. no payment powers doesnt exhaust the ally unless it has the exhaust symbol after the payment power .
Q4. no. but if the hero doesnt have a weapon its atk is 1
Q5 . no. u have to ehxaust your ally to take the effect
Q6. yes. u cant attack or use activated powers if the ally isnt on table since the start of your turn. but u can protect or use payment powers

hope i helped u
micheni

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Since Waist(1) and Head(1) are different tags, you can use both.

2) No. But protectors do.

3) Only if it has the exhaust symbol as part of the cost. Otherwise you can use it as many times as you can pay for it. Each use is a separate chain link.

4) No, but your hero will only do 1 damage per target. Heros don't need weapons to attack, but don't do damage unless they use a weapon or a card like cleave.

5) Don't understand the question. But if you mean "can I trigger an ally's ability if he gets exhausted by something else (eg attacking)" then No. You have to state you are activating the ability and pay the cost (exhausting the card). If a card is exhausted by some other means, it can't be exhausted to pay the cost. HOWEVER, as part of a chain, you COULD exhaust the character and use the ability as a response to something that would exhaust the card - this happens BEFORE the card is exhausted by the enemy effect. Confusing, huh?

6) I was wrong. You can protect because exhaust is not a printed part of the cost. You still have to exhaust him to protect, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dexblair .
Malaysia
Desa Petaling
W.P.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks all.
answers above clear me lots.

"Chain", have not explore into that yet. I'm still on the basic play. this is my first tcg.

so safe to say only "Protector ability and Payment powers" can be activate/trigger as soon as card in play. Beside from "Protector" ability any other Ally ability that behave the same as "Protector" i mean which you can play the ability when the card on play?

thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic players call not being able to attack on the turn the card is played "summoning sickness".

On the turn allies are played they can do anything except:

a) attack (unless they have Ferocity)

b) use an ability with the "activate" (turn the card sideways) picture. If the ability doesn't have the picture, you can do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dexblair .
Malaysia
Desa Petaling
W.P.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
another questions,

Ally Moira Darkheart, "1, Destroy Moira Darkheart->Destroy target armor or weapon."
Q1) can i play the payment power when Moira just enter play?
- i think yes, according to Darrell replied, but i would like to confirm again.

Q2) if Moira already exhausted, can i still play the payment power when Moira are exhausted? same question that goes to weapon/armor too.

Q3) can i play payment power on opponent turn?

Ability Primal Mending(PriMen), "Attach to target ally, and your hero heals 2 damage from it. Ongoing: At the end of each turn, your hero heals 1 damage from attached ally."

On PlayerA turn, he played and attached PriMen to one of his ally.
on PlayerA end turn, the attached ally will get heals 1 dmg.
Q4) Now, by PlayerB turn end, will the attached ally of PlayerA get heals 1 dmg too?
I understand from the text, "... end of each turn,..." so i suppose this also apply to opponent/every turn end.

thanks.
dex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Q1 Yes

Q2 Er... I think so. You can't use weapons to attack or armour to defend but you could use payment powers that don't need exhausting. I could be wrong on this.

Q3 Yes as a response (the dreaded chain in the advanced rules)

Primal mending: there are cards that say on your turn and cards that say each turn. Every player has a complete turn, so you would heal at the end of every players turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chrees M
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1: Yes. You can also respond to someone destroying Moira, by using her ability.

2: Unless the payment of a power has the lil tap symbol, yes. If a weapon or armour is exhausted, but the ability on it does not require it to be exhausted (not sure of an example here, but fair enough), then yes, you can use the ability.

3: You can use a power in response to something they are doing in their turn. You can also use instant abilities too in the same way.

I haven't got my cards near me. If the card says "End of each turn" it means end of each of your turns. Some cards say "Start of your turn", which only applies to your turn. His turn, they don't do anything. Fireball and Rend are examples.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dexblair .
Malaysia
Desa Petaling
W.P.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
have this argued with friend when played last night.
Again on :
Ally Moira Darkheart, "1, Destroy Moira Darkheart->Destroy target armor or weapon."

Dex played Moira, then end his turn. and now is John turn, John attack Moira with his weapon, just after John tapping his resources for the striking, Dex activated Moira ability...

Q1) will Moira ability interrupt John attack and destroy his weapon? if yes, does the Resources played by John count (consider used)?

Q2) if John attacking Dex hero, and Dex activated Moira to destroy his weapon, will Dex hero still get the damage?

John attacked Dex hero with a weapon "Flame Wrath" (Secondary effect: When your hero deals combat damage with Flame Wrath, your hero deals 1 fire damage to each opposing hero and ally.). Dex hero took the damage, and then Dex activated Moira ability to destroy John weapon,
Q3) Will the secondary effect (extra 1 fire damage) be prevent?

Q4) just to confirm the text "... to each opposing hero and ally." meaning = to one opposing Hero and one opposing Ally?

Ability "Bash" Talent: Feral
: Exhaust target hero or ally.
Ongoing: Your hero is in bear form. (Has protector. Destroy this card when you strike with a weapon or play a non-Feral ability.)
Notice that the above ability have Talent: Feral, but my druid hero does not have Talent: Feral,

Q5) does this ability get to attached to my Hero Druid (Moonshadow with not Talent: Feral)?

Thanks all.
dex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dexblair .
Malaysia
Desa Petaling
W.P.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok i have the answered fr official wowtcg forum.

Q1) No.

Q2) Yes. In rulebook pg13 "If your weapon leaves play after you've struck with it, your hero gets to keep the ATK bonus for the duration of the combat."

Q3) Yes

Q4) read as "to all opposing heroes and allies". (sorry this was asked due
to my poor english.)

Q5) Yes.

don't forget to read the new comprehensive rule v1.0 from the official wowtcg forum.

thanks all.
dex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charger Dodge
msg tools
dexblair wrote:
ok i have the answered fr official wowtcg forum.

Q1) No.

Q2) Yes. In rulebook pg13 "If your weapon leaves play after you've struck with it, your hero gets to keep the ATK bonus for the duration of the combat."

Q3) Yes

Q4) read as "to all opposing heroes and allies". (sorry this was asked due
to my poor english.)

Q5) Yes.

don't forget to read the new comprehensive rule v1.0 from the official wowtcg forum.

thanks all.
dex

Q1) will Moira ability interrupt John attack and destroy his weapon? if yes, does the Resources played by John count (consider used)?

Why the weapon is not destroyed?

Also what would happen if there was ally with protector on the play. And hero would attack the protector ally. What would happen if player decided to use Moiras power and destroy weapon?

Damage would be dealt, but after combat weapon would be destroyed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Personal Information
Estonia
flag msg tools
If John attacks with a weapon, he has to pay weapon cost and exhaust it.
Then people can do fast things, like play instant cards (mostly instant abilities) or use any effects on the board. This means Moira can destroy the weapon now.
After this, you can protect if you want to. But regardless, John still attacks something (his original target, or your protector if you protect), even if without a weapon. This means that if you have a protector who can deal damage, it'd be great to make the opposing hero attack your ally and suffer damage for nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.