Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JP LaChance
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the starting age you could play the game with?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some cards with text on - so I would say that the game is for age 9+ although I am sure younger kids could play as well if someone helps them once in a while.

The game isn't more complex than Pirate's Cove or Memoir '44 (to mention a couple of games that I have seen played with kids who couldn't read yet.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi William and hi Mik...

Mik has tried our prototype, so his thoughts on this are as relevant as mine. However I would dare say that the game is a bit more complex than Pirates Cove, if nothing else then in the sheer amount of things you can do to earn Gold.

I must say that my experience with playing with children is fairly limited, and while my own son will be force fed boardgames, its limited how much you can play with a 1 year old

Personaly I would have said 10-12 years old. The official age range will likely be 10+

arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
marqzen wrote:

Personaly I would have said 10-12 years old. The official age range will likely be 10+

That is what I would have said too - if I had to make an official statement.

I also agree that the game is more complex than Pirate's Cove, but you don't need to throw all the rules after your kid when you play it the first time.

I am convinced that the game can be quite enjoyable even on a more basic level, and the game can then be expanded as father gets beaten!
laughcoolarrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed. The game is pretty scalable in that way.

You could leave out Action Cards, Jobs & Rumors. That would leav only Event Cards which the parent could read/explain. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.