Popular Tags: monopoly [+] news [+] [View All]
Marshall Miller
United States
Malden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Warren is a roleplaying game about intelligent rabbits trying to make the best of a world filled with hazards, predators and, worst of all, other rabbits.
badge
Marshall is a Boston-based researcher and game designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a good story on Monopoly being broadcast on NPR today. It is on the Diane Rehm show. It pretty much covers the whole history of Monopoly. While I and many others don't really care for this game, no one can deny the vital role it plays in board game history. I particularly like the part on using Monopoly sets to liberate US POWs during WWII.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glenn
United States
Wheaton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard it too, and agree with you. I emailed a question about the controversies surrounding copyrights of the game, but they didn't use it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Miller
United States
Malden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Warren is a roleplaying game about intelligent rabbits trying to make the best of a world filled with hazards, predators and, worst of all, other rabbits.
badge
Marshall is a Boston-based researcher and game designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way, I also emailed NPR a couple of days ago to suggest that they do a story on the rising popularity of Eurogames. I figured a story on the hobby might bring the message to the masses... laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Link to the interview with Phil Orbanes, '...president of the specialty games company Winning Moves and author of "The Game Makers" and "The Monopoly Companion."'

http://www.wamu.org/programs/dr/06/11/14.php#12279

(Click "Listen to this segment" at right.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poochie D
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
Someone somewhere mentioned Monopoly? Euroweenieeeeeees........ATTACK!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lawson
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mease19 wrote:
There is a good story on Monopoly being broadcast on NPR today. It is on the Diane Rehm show. It pretty much covers the whole history of Monopoly. While I and many others don't really care for this game, no one can deny the vital role it plays in board game history. I particularly like the part on using Monopoly sets to liberate US POWs during WWII.

Too bad Diane wasn't around to conduct the interview; she would have at least done it without giggling so much. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.