Popular Tags: [View All]
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if Settlers and Carcassonne are ready for Xbox live yet?
I really want to get those games on my system.

Yes, I am connected to the internet but it's a pain to switch the cable from the computer and reset everything so I would like to know if it's worth it before doing all of that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, never mind, they're not.

But I was over at Gamefaqs and they have Carcassone listed as a "puzzle" game.

I posted to the admins about it...

Not to mention that there wasn't a single post in the game specific forum yet! I remedied that...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Wahl
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nazhuret wrote:
...it's a pain to switch the cable from the computer and reset everything so I would like to know if it's worth it before doing all of that.

You really need to get a soho router.

The Linksys BEFSR41 does a fine job(check out http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E168331240...), is cheap and will let you connect multiple systems to the internet at once. Really any multiport soho router will do the job but I've never had any issues with Linksys.

Not to mention you get the added benefit of it providing a level of security that you really need when you have an always on connection to the internet...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it allow both to actually be connected and communicating at the same time? As it is now I must reset my modem when I switch to reset the IP address and can only ever have one machine sending and recieving data at a time.

If I could NOT do that I'll get one tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Martin
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, that's how routers work. Multiple computers/devices connected to the router can all talk both to each other and to the internet at large all at the same time. From the point of view of your ISP, you have only a single device connected (although it is easy enough for them to examine the data that you're sending and determine that multiple machines are being used).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
As an added bonus, your average router also acts like a firewall, protecting your computer from a bunch of malicious attacks that will just be ignored by the router.

Get a router. Now. And you could get one with wireless support, just in case you get a DS or a Wii.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a heavy Xbox Live user. Sports stuff mostly. But I'd love to play some Carcassonne if it ever comes out.

Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hibikir wrote:
As an added bonus, your average router also acts like a firewall, protecting your computer from a bunch of malicious attacks that will just be ignored by the router.

Get a router. Now. And you could get one with wireless support, just in case you get a DS or a Wii.

Well, I have a DS and am certainly going to be getting a Wii... I have a Mac so I'm not really concerned about attacks though I suppose it would still be a good thing to have.

I believe I will look into it tomorrow.

Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.