Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: [DECK] The World is (¥)ours rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So, tomorrow is the final of my local league's first season, and I wanted to try my hand at an ID I've never used.

I've very little experience with Grail ICE, or NBN without SanSan, but in a post-Clot environment I thought I might try out a little never-advance instead.

The idea here is to use Grail and Midway to set up taxing runs, to combine with Predictive Algorithm/Red Herrings/NAPD to prevent stealing where possible.

I'm likely to get my first tests done with this tonight, but if anyone can see any glaringly obvious problems I'd love to get them ironed out ahead of time!

Presenting: The World is (¥)ours

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder

Total Cards: (44)

Identity:
1x NBN: The World Is Yours* (Future Proof)

Agenda: (10)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core)
2x License Acquisition (All That Remains)
3x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
1x Character Assassination (Opening Moves)
1x Project Beale (Future Proof)

Asset: (6)
2x Capital Investors (The Valley) ■■ ■■
2x Reversed Accounts (Up and Over)
2x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)

ICE: (12)
3x Galahad (Upstalk) ■ ■ ■
2x Lancelot (First Contact) ■ ■
3x Merlin (All That Remains) ■ ■ ■
2x Excalibur (The Source)
2x Wraparound (Fear and Loathing)

Operation: (8)
3x Hedge Fund (Core)
3x Sweeps Week (True Colors)
2x Predictive Algorithm (The Valley)

Upgrade: (8)
3x Midway Station Grid (Upstalk)
2x Shell Corporation (All That Remains)
3x Red Herrings (Core)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
Excalibur probably won't have a lot of value in the deck since it can't gain subroutines and runners won't probably need to run more than one server a turn. I can see 1x'ing it, but not 2x'ing it.

Any 2 sub ice get pretty taxing with midway station grid. And a lot of them come with ETRs. Datapike and Enigma are both solid picks (and really the only neutral picks that exist.)

If you're willing to give up capital investors (for say, melange), Then, hive is a great early game ice for getting an astro scored (though you'd need to give up capital investors to play it). As are eli's, ichis and Heimdall 1.0's and ichis.

Normally I play this sort of deck out of NEH with ash and the bioroid suite. But for your deck the biggest issue I see is probably excaliber.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
gumOnShoe wrote:
Excalibur probably won't have a lot of value in the deck since it can't gain subroutines and runners won't probably need to run more than one server a turn. I can see 1x'ing it, but not 2x'ing it.

Any 2 sub ice get pretty taxing with midway station grid. And a lot of them come with ETRs. Datapike and Enigma are both solid picks (and really the only neutral picks that exist.)

If you're willing to give up capital investors (for say, melange), Then, hive is a great early game ice for getting an astro scored (though you'd need to give up capital investors to play it). As are eli's, ichis and Heimdall 1.0's and ichis.

Normally I play this sort of deck out of NEH with ash and the bioroid suite. But for your deck the biggest issue I see is probably excaliber.

Thanks - the idea with it is either to rez it on the same run as a Red Herrings, or otherwise use it to add subroutines rather than have it gain others (adding an Excalibur to Galahad or Lancelot for example).

I do take your point though, more EtR would certainly not be a bad idea (and Datapike is a pretty good notion in the deck).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
I'd like to hear how capital investor's plays. Because I've never really used it. Is the econ never advance value worth it? I dunno. I like that you get upside if the runner doesn't run it; but, is it better to get a really severe upside if they do run it such that they don't want to run all of the time? I don't know? I'm thinking edge of world, atm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have thought about Edge of World, but then, I'm unlikely to have a server deep enough to really punish them for it. Also considered Snare!, but again, no follow-up on the damage.

Wonder if there's anything else I should import instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil G
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Swap the Capital Investors for Melange then use the influence to replace Predictive Algorithms with Ash. Huge improvement on 2 slots at no real cost to two others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls