Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Nations» Forums » News

Subject: Nations: Dynasties beta Vassal mod is finished, help test the expansion! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
bgdev.club is really a site address, no www or .com needed :)
badge
Cities: Skylines board game designed by me!
mbmbmbmbmb
It took us a bit longer than I hoped, but now the vassal module for Nations: Dynasties is ready for wider testing! We would like to get as much help as possible, as the number of Nations is large and the Dynasties for each make for very different setups. And the new cards do not come out in every game. This is intentional, as replayability and variation are what we want to create but that makes testing take time.

So please help if you can! Send me a geekmail with:
Your email address
How many times you have played with the Vassal mod for the basic game
How experienced you are with the game

I will send you a link to the mod and rules. You can share these with the players you will play with, but not post them somewhere. I will expect you to:
* play at least one full games over the next 2 weeks after receiving the files
* send me a report about what worked well and what did not, how many games and how many players played, names of all players, what your group thought was so good it was an automatic first choice and what was so bad no one bought it, what was hard to understand (ideally ask me as soon as you find something that can be clarified), any comments about the expansion at all.

Huge thanks to Samuel for working on the mod!
Samuel Williams
United States
Gahanna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raffaele Spadano
Italy
Pescara (PE)
Pescara
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me and a friend of mine have this pack, but since it seems quite hard to arrange games via Vassal with more than 2 atm, is there anyone who would like to play via Vassal live games? if so we could meet via skype and setup for a game with 3 people at least.

My Skype is raffa_evil (Italy), add me and we could play some test games, maybe the first 4-6 turns if not full game, bye bye
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuli Holopainen
Finland
Haapamäki
Keski-Suomi
flag msg tools
Sorry if this is bit off topic and maybe even stupid question, but what is this Vassal Mod?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Hannula
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
Truthful speech, proper understanding, unselfish action
mb
Google it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
bgdev.club is really a site address, no www or .com needed :)
badge
Cities: Skylines board game designed by me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bugala wrote:
Sorry if this is bit off topic and maybe even stupid question, but what is this Vassal Mod?
Vassal is a program that can load mods for various games. If you load a mod for Nations you can play it with others over internet. If you load a mod for another game you can play that game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuli Holopainen
Finland
Haapamäki
Keski-Suomi
flag msg tools
Ah, that is interesting. Thanks for answer. I have to take a loot at that at some point. Dont really have much friends to play with any board games, and especially nations, civilization (original) even fewer. Never had a chance to play Civilization till end yet. Perhaps with this I finally can. And Nations with multiple players.

I always forget the google... I did try search it with boardgamegeeks search but got no results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls