Andrew Fergus
United Kingdom
St.Austell
Cornwall
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I bought an unsealed/unpunched copy (Rio Grande version) of this from Ebay recently and it's missing the shopping centre.

I've tried without success to locate a replacement via Rio Grande or Goldsieber. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what to use as a substitute. ie. Could I mould any of the other pieces and combine to make it etc?
My mother is a potter so wouldn't be difficult to do if I had a rough pattern.

Appreciate any ideas.
Cheers,
Andy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FullContactGEEK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you wait for the reprint to come out, you might have better luck, assuming it will be compatible with the older edition. Otherwise, you are probably stuck using a piece of cardboard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Fergus
United Kingdom
St.Austell
Cornwall
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SouthernMan wrote:
Nice piece of wood, small chisel, penknife, sandpaper .... your own custom shopping centre !

That was sort of the idea. With this in mind I ordered a second copy from Toysforever.nl and this arrived sealed, and you guessed it, without the shopping center! arrrrgggh. Are they all like this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Tummelson
United States
Placitas
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Andy,

I have checked again my supply of old parts and found a shopping center. Please contact me directly if you still want to get one. Thanks.

Jay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
badge
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it amazing that so many copies are missing these bits...

There are actually 2 shopping centers in my copy of the game. Fairly simple shape: just a rectangular structure...really doesn't look like any shopping center that I've ever seen...maybe somewhat reminiscent of the early "arcade" concept.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.