Adam Sexton
United States
Pikeville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not own villains so I can't tell you the exact wording of the rule, however I have read that the always leads effects now applies to the group being lead(I.e. Skrulls are treated as Four horsemen)

Now from the quick rules search I have done, it seems that if 1 of each differently named villain from the current group escapes then apocalypse wins, instead of 1 of each of the four horsemen.

How does this affect groups with 6-7 different characters?

On that same note how does this affect the scheme "secret invaision of the skrull shapeshifters"? Because you now have 12 random heroes that are counted as skrull villains, no to mention the possible 8 more that move into the city.

Would you need X number of differently named characters to escape?

Now as I played the set up of Apocalypse as the mastermind, and secret invasion of the skrull shapeshifter scheme, I treated it as "when four differently named characters escape apocalypse wins". However when I read the rules it seemed that I should have played it differently.

Surely it counts as four differently named character.... Right?

Forgive me for not linking the post where I read this, I'm on my phone and that's more work than I care to do.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Advanced Solo rules that mention Apocalypse only refer to the +2 attack bonus. There is nothing about the (ahem) "escape clause."

Therefore, it doesn't apply at all when using a different group. It has never been specified as an alternate losing condition in the online league either.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahewlett
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
TravelSized wrote:
The Advanced Solo rules that mention Apocalypse only refer to the +2 attack bonus. There is nothing about the (ahem) "escape clause."

Therefore, it doesn't apply at all when using a different group. It has never been specified as an alternate losing condition in the online league either.



Actually Jason on page 20 of the Villains rulebook on the upper right second bullet point down it does mention the (ahem) "escape clause."

wrote:
Apocalypse gives +2\\\ to whichever Adversary Group you are using, as if they were the Four Horsemen. If one of each of the different Adversaries in the Adversary Group overruns, Apocalypse instantly wins.


Emphasis is mine.

So if there are 6 different named Adversaries in the group then 6 different named ones have to escape before Apocalypse would win.

Edit: Forgot to answer Spillz question about the 12 random heroes in the villain deck in the skrull invasion scheme. They don't count towards Apocalypse's win condition as they aren't part of a villain group.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Son of a....

Thanks, I must have missed that. whistle

Okay, but Ed never mentioned it in the league rules reminders, right?

(Upon reflection, I know Thanos has the rule for how the Gem penalty works for other groups, so that makes sense. Cut me some slack, I've been watching Daredevil all day. Only 3 to go. Shouldn't have stopped for a break.)
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahewlett
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
TravelSized wrote:
Son of a....

Thanks, I must have missed that. whistle

Okay, but Ed never mentioned it in the league rules reminders, right?


I'm not playing in the league this season so I honestly don't know. Ed doesn't own villains so is most likely relying on others to tell him the rule.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sexton
United States
Pikeville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So then, no +2 for the heroes that count as skrull villains as well then?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahewlett
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
spillz606 wrote:
So then, no +2 for the heroes that count as skrull villains as well then?


Like I said the heroes who are skrull villains aren't a villain group so no +2 for them, also the henchmen don't receive the +2 bonus either. Only the 8 card Skrull Villain group that you are using instead of the 4 Horsemen Villain group receive the +2 fight bonus. Also don't forget that if Paibok, Veranke, and one each of the Skrull Shapeshifters and Super-Skrulls escape then Apocalypse wins instantly.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AHewlett wrote:
TravelSized wrote:
Son of a....

Thanks, I must have missed that. whistle

Okay, but Ed never mentioned it in the league rules reminders, right?


I'm not playing in the league this season so I honestly don't know. Ed doesn't own villains so is most likely relying on others to tell him the rule.

Um, no.... First, I downloaded the Villains rule book here:

Legendary Villains Rule Book

Secondly, for Jason, I quoted this rule passage, including the part about how Apocalypse wins when "one of each Adversaries Villains overruns escapes," in the first post on the first page of the LOL Season 5 thread. The passage was also quoted in the planning thread when people were voting to approve the change for League usage. I didn't mention it in the rules reminders for the upcoming Apocalypse match for a couple reasons: (1) I probably didn't feel it was needed as most players don't let more than 1 Villain escape; and (2) I haven't played the match yet, so it's sometimes difficult for me to figure out what rules players need to be reminded about until I've played it (I often rely on feedback from early players when it comes to that). That said, I'll add a reminder about this to the match setups.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
I probably didn't feel it was needed as most players don't let more than 1 Villain escape;


True dat. That's probably why I've ignored/overlooked/missed it.

Also, Daredevil is AMAZING. I don't mind getting rules wrong and looking like an idiot because the show was so good it made me not care about anything else for the weekend.

I'm only disappointed that Iron Fist is the last of the 4 solo series because I really want to see what they do with him.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahewlett
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
AHewlett wrote:
TravelSized wrote:
Son of a....

Thanks, I must have missed that. whistle

Okay, but Ed never mentioned it in the league rules reminders, right?


I'm not playing in the league this season so I honestly don't know. Ed doesn't own villains so is most likely relying on others to tell him the rule.

Um, no.... First, I downloaded the Villains rule book here:

Legendary Villains Rule Book

Secondly, for Jason, I quoted this rule passage, including the part about how Apocalypse wins when "one of each Adversaries Villains overruns escapes," in the first post on the first page of the LOL Season 5 thread. The passage was also quoted in the planning thread when people were voting to approve the change for League usage. I didn't mention it in the rules reminders for the upcoming Apocalypse match for a couple reasons: (1) I probably didn't feel it was needed as most players don't let more than 1 Villain escape; and (2) I haven't played the match yet, so it's sometimes difficult for me to figure out what rules players need to be reminded about until I've played it (I often rely on feedback from early players when it comes to that). That said, I'll add a reminder about this to the match setups.


I apologize Ed. I know not to make assumptions on what people know and what they don't know. You have always run the league very well and certainly as I know that should have trusted more in your knowledge on the matter.

Humbly yours,
AHewlettblush
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AHewlett wrote:
I apologize Ed. I know not to make assumptions on what people know and what they don't know. You have always run the league very well and certainly as I know that should have trusted more in your knowledge on the matter.

No biggie! But thanks for the kind words.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
Hi,
If you are playing solo with Master Mind Maria Hill, does the same logic apply ? Meaning, that even if villain groupe is not Shield Elite, you cannot fight Maria Hill if there is at least a villain in the city ?

Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
chromatisme wrote:
Hi,
If you are playing solo with Master Mind Maria Hill, does the same logic apply ? Meaning, that even if villain groupe is not Shield Elite, you cannot fight Maria Hill if there is at least a villain in the city ?

Thanks


I would say yes. One villain group that you are using replaces the "Always Leads" group (some schemes have you add extra villain groups. So if you are playing against Maria Hill and she is leading the Sinister Six, then you cannot fight her while there are Sinister Six or SHIELD Officers in the city.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Santos
Portugal
Amadora
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jhochges wrote:
chromatisme wrote:
Hi,
If you are playing solo with Master Mind Maria Hill, does the same logic apply ? Meaning, that even if villain groupe is not Shield Elite, you cannot fight Maria Hill if there is at least a villain in the city ?

Thanks


I would say yes. One villain group that you are using replaces the "Always Leads" group (some schemes have you add extra villain groups. So if you are playing against Maria Hill and she is leading the Sinister Six, then you cannot fight her while there are Sinister Six or SHIELD Officers in the city.


I concur and it's that the ruling of it
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kelly
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TravelSized wrote:
DarthEd wrote:
I probably didn't feel it was needed as most players don't let more than 1 Villain escape;


True dat. That's probably why I've ignored/overlooked/missed it.

Also, Daredevil is AMAZING. I don't mind getting rules wrong and looking like an idiot because the show was so good it made me not care about anything else for the weekend.

I'm only disappointed that Iron Fist is the last of the 4 solo series because I really want to see what they do with him.


unfortunately, my favorite part of the Iron Fist series is how they end it in season 2. I SO want a season 3 to see where it would go from there... major bummer.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelley Hebert
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
DrPolygon wrote:
TravelSized wrote:

Also, Daredevil is AMAZING. ....
I'm only disappointed that Iron Fist is the last of the 4 solo series because I really want to see what they do with him.


unfortunately, my favorite part of the Iron Fist series is how they end it in season 2. I SO want a season 3 to see where it would go from there... major bummer.


Daredevil is the best of the Netflix shows for sure. I still have to watch S3. I've been trying to get my wife to watch it with me but she hasn't really shown any interest. We're currently spending our TV time on Buffy/Angel with our 13yo.

SH
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
When playing solo vs Zombie Green Goblin, do you have to play as if all vilains had rise of the living dead?

This case is a bit different from Apocalypse and Maria Hill, because all ZGG MM tactics have rise of the living dead , but the main MM card does not have an effect on villains with rise of the living dead.

Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
chromatisme wrote:
When playing solo vs Zombie Green Goblin, do you have to play as if all vilains had rise of the living dead?

This case is a bit different from Apocalypse and Maria Hill, because all ZGG MM tactics have rise of the living dead , but the main MM card does not have an effect on villains with rise of the living dead.

Thanks


No, because RotLD is an ability of the Villain group. It's not like Apocalypse's +2 Attack, which is a Mastermind ability.

Having said that, it would be a fun/thematic house-rule.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.