5 Posts

The Resistance» Forums » Rules

Subject: Reverser Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Troy Cafferky
msg tools
Hey guys,

So I love the reverser, but we've had some debate on how best to add this to the game.

What's to stop the reverses from coming straight out at the start and saying who they are?

We made a rule that a reverser can't talk about it until a reverse card is played. At that point the good reverser usually speaks up and says who they are which is normally guaranteed when no one else says they're a good reverser.

There have been a couple times where both reverser a claimed to be good. But usually the good reverser is 100% clear.

Does anyone else play a similar way?

What is the way it's supposed to go?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lucas
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
badge
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
mbmbmbmbmb
There's nothing stopping the reversers from saying who they are. There's nothing stopping anyone from believing what either of them say either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lanocty wrote:
What's to stop the reverses from coming straight out at the start and saying who they are?
You could try playing with the Assassin & Commander too assuming you have both expansions. That'd make it a bad idea for the resistance reverser to claim their rule as they increase the odds on a successful assassination.

This is speculation as I haven't been able to play the reversers yet:

I'm guessing a claim would be a good plan without the commander as no resistance player should make a false claim, so the worst case for the resistance still probably gives them an advantage. Hmm, maybe a generic spy claiming the reverser rules might be the best for the spies, if they could arrange a mission of where they were with a bunch of regular resistance players and threw a fail, then apologised for not throwing reverse they could create a decent amount of confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.
mbmbmbmbmb
zabdiel wrote:
lanocty wrote:
You could try playing with the Assassin & Commander too assuming you have both expansions. That'd make it a bad idea for the resistance reverser to claim their rule as they increase the odds on a successful assassination.

This is speculation as I haven't been able to play the reversers yet:

I'm guessing a claim would be a good plan without the commander as no resistance player should make a false claim, so the worst case for the resistance still probably gives them an advantage. Hmm, maybe a generic spy claiming the reverser rules might be the best for the spies, if they could arrange a mission of where they were with a bunch of regular resistance players and threw a fail, then apologised for not throwing reverse they could create a decent amount of confusion.

The Reverser loses some of his potency if he claims at the very beginning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten Graetz
Germany
Hamburg
Hamburg
flag msg tools
I've played a few games that were won by the resistance on the fourth mission, because there was only one or no fail card played (making the mission a success) and there was the spy reverser on the team (making the mission a fail), but there was also the resistance reverser on the team (making the mission a success). In most of these cases the win by double reverse was possible, because the spies didn't know who the resistance reverser was (or thought it was someone else). So that's your incentive to keep quiet about your role.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls