Subject: Question regarding the mayor and Governor rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
marco vazquez
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
Played this game last night and i had a question regarding the Mayor.

I understand if a player gets two mines of the same town, they become a Mayor of that town. What if somebody uses a dynamite to destory one of the mines that belongs to the town with the Major and now instead of having two cards, they have only one along with rest of the players. Is this player still Major of that town until somebody get's two cards to take it from them, or does this player puts it back on the table and nobody is mayor?

Also if this player had two cards and the Governor card and one of the mines is removed, does the Governor get's removed or stays with that player until somebody gains that mayor?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The mayor and governor are yours until someone has more mines of that color than you do. It doesn't matter if you lose a mine as long as you still have as many as anyone else you keep your mayor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike P
United States
Castleton
New York
flag msg tools
Check out my blog, Board Game Radar!!!
badge
Stop! That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
How about this situation. 3 players all have 2 mines in Cold Mountain and I am the mayor. One of my mines gets destroyed dropping me to 1 mine. How do you decide who gets the mayorship, or does no one get it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C.K. Au
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the 1st que, you lose the mayorship if after getting dynamited you have less than 2 towns.

In the 2nd que, if there is a tie-break on number of towns for mayorship, no one becomes mayor until one gets a majority.

These two are actually answered in the FAQ Document in the File section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.