Popular Tags: [View All]
Swood
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently playing a game, and these questions came up...

1) Red Scorpion (Hero) - "Once per turn, you may take 1 exhaustion to cancel 1 heart"

Does this apply to allies in my team? Can my Hero take an exhaustion to cancel a heart on an ally? I ask because Red Scorpion is also currently using Rune Plate armor that clearly says:

"...you may cancel 1 heart being inflicted on your Hero." Notice the "on your Hero" part. Red Scorpion's power does not indicate "on your Hero" explicitly.

2) My Hero currently has 1 armor in play (maximum allowable). I receive a blue reward that states "Draw Market cards until you find an Item card worth between 5G and 8G. Take that card for free."

I start drawing cards and pull an armor card worth 5G. What happens? Do I get to keep the armor card and just not put it into play? Can I keep the card and then sell it during my next Market step? Do I have to discard the armor card and get denied the reward? Do I ignore the armor card and keep drawing until I find something else?

Help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hoffman
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And remember, according to the rulebook's definitions, "you" means your Hero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swood
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrSkeletor wrote:
You have to discard one of the armor cards. It's too heavy to carry around 2 of them.

Yes, I would agree had the player been purchasing the armor during a Market Step.

However, with this particular card, the player is being rewarded after a challenge. I would argue that the fair thing to do would be to have the player ignore that particular item and keep drawing until something compatible is revealed.

Is there any official stance on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan W
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skadar wrote:

However, with this particular card, the player is being rewarded after a challenge. I would argue that the fair thing to do would be to have the player ignore that particular item and keep drawing until something compatible is revealed.

I don't think it matters. You're still getting a reward. You can choose between the new armor and the armor you've already got. I have seen several times in a game when drawing a "reward" from the Item deck never really pays off due to a crappy draw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swood
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I see your point. I think the card did offer a chance to take Gold instead, so that makes sense in that the player is gambling for something better with a card draw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrod Henry
United States
La Vergne
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
The first one's been answered.. but the second question seems to be answered like this elsewhere in the book and on FFG's site.

If you cannot take an item, and you are not in a city, I'm under the impression that you simply cannot take it. There's no either / or thing from what I recall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.