Helen Holzgrafe
United States
Happy Valley
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I tried to suggest this a while ago and the next day the terrible time of crashes started and my suggestion sort of slipped away. So, here I am suggesting this again to see if anyone else thinks this has merit.

I would like to see a private comments section for each of the games in my collection (only I see it when I view my collection). I would very much like to keep track of information about my games that I don't want others on the geek to see or would simply be boring for them to see. A simple text comments field just like the current public comments field would be perfect. I would also like this to be exportable like the other fields of collections are now so I can make a paper record every so often of my collection.

I want to note what I paid for games and sometimes who I bought them from, where in my house they are stored, who I have loaned a game out to so I can reclaim it someday, and probably unique to my household - who in my house actually owns a given game (ie. Which kid did we give Formula De to last Christmas?).

Right now I can't record any of that information without the entire world seeing it and who besides me would want to know which games are in which cupboard in my house (unless you planned to burgle us for our games I suppose ).

Would anyone else like to see this feature added to collections?

-Helen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Verdonck
Belgium
Edegem
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is an excellent suggestion and it shouldn't be too difficult to implement I guess.

Great idea thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Packard
United States
Palmdale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I, too, have been wanting this feature. It would be handy in a lot of ways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
It would also be great if we could filter based on text comments - either personal or public. So you could use without exporting...

Then you could use the comments to manage your collection storage, identify games you intend on playing, etc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes please!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pep leysen
Belgium
mol
antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to suggest this, so I'm glad somebody allready did that.
When you're looking now at the comments of a game, you want to see what other people think of the game, not where they bought it, not if they played it allready. (maybe that last one could be a tag).

pep

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.