Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Gabelman
United States
University Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like this game and have played around 5-times.

Each time I've played, there's very little worry the CO2 levels will build high enough to end the game.

The game feels pseudo co-op, but there's little tension since it has never been likely the world will end. I understand AFTER the world is safe, it's every man for him/herself. I wish there was a way to make the game more tense from the beginning.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition, Mercato
mbmbmbmbmb
In the back of the rulebook, you have different dificulty setups. You can also try the mini-expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Adam
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Congratulations. You have just discovered the secret message.
badge
Please send your answer to Old Pink, care of the Funny Farm, Chalfont.
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel the same way, but I don't think the drive of the game, ever really, is for the world to end. I think it's supposed to get close (it always does) and players, working competitively, have to take a step back and work together mutually in order to prevent the game ending for everybody. Then the game can continue on competitively, without impending doom always being around the corner.

Of course, as Vital said, some players might actually wish for this endgame scenario to be more of a threat. The variants / Arctic expansion will take care of this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Gabelman
United States
University Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

I'll try it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larkin
England
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To be honest I would like the game less if the world ended more often, but then I am not a fan of coop's
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TH Jensen
Denmark
Aarhus C
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Joel, Ive been missing the same tension of “the World is going to die”, so Ive come up with a few house rules to increase the risk of reaching the 500 ppm.
If you wanna try the rules out, you can find them here on BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/116532/co2-variant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll echo the others and say play with the Arctic mini-expansion. It makes it significantly harder. We lost miserably in our first try (and then, because we didn't want to end the game, proceeded to cheat by pretending we hadn't been using it lol!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.