Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron Dokter
Netherlands
Rotterdam
ZH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello wargamers,

After reading the rules a couple of times and test-run once a few turns. I have a question regarding costs.

During OPS the Activation Cost is equal to the number of nationalities in the space you want to activate (7.3).
During SR the Activation Cost is 1 point for SCU's and 3 points for LCU's (12.1).

Why these great diffences? It seems to me that is is very costly to SR, so move during OPS phase is cheaper. I think most of the time the stack is 1 nationality. I know you don't have the benefits of SRing to and from Reserve Box.

Or do I mis-interpret the rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Grubben
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I don't think you misinterpreted the rules. Sr'ing is very costly. But apart from being able to bring scu's from the RB on the map, the most substantial benefit from strategic movement is that you can redeploy forces over large distances (or even across the sea: the only way to bring German scu's into Africa).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Barratt
United Kingdom
Royal Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Be careful when using SR -- there are some special rules that you need to remember. (For example: the German player cannot SR units into Russia for the first couple of turns; units that SR across water have to stop in the first land space; LCUs usually cannot SR into or out of the Reserve Box.)

Also, if I remember corectly, you must stop in the first desert space and you can't SR into or through Turkey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.