Popular Tags: [View All]
david karasick
United States
Gladwyne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any reason it can't play with 2 just like 3-4?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Baumer
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

We've tried, the basic game seems to work fairly well for
two: We set up 3 bases, the 3rd base beeing planete Gizzi
with 3 open trade spots. You get a good impression on
what's going on.

It doens't work with the advanced rules, however:
The first player to get rockets/sabotage can produce
two black cubes at the cost of one timer, and hence
can delay two opposing timers for the price of one --
the game is essentially over then.

Cheers,
Sven.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Casadonte
United States
Media
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The compass always points to Terrapin.
mbmbmbmbmb
Once I get my copy I will try out my 2P idea, but it works fairly well in my head, so I have high hopes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Stapelfeldt
Germany
L√ľneburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently we are working on a 2-player-variant for Space Dealer. If we have a satisfying setting it will be presented at www.eggertspiele.de. If you have further ideas on this subject feel free to post it here or mail it.

Greetings
Tobias

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eaton-Salners
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glomeor wrote:
Currently we are working on a 2-player-variant for Space Dealer. If we have a satisfying setting it will be presented at www.eggertspiele.de. If you have further ideas on this subject feel free to post it here or mail it.

Greetings
Tobias

How about a co-operative variant as well? Players try to build all the cards and satisfy all the demands before time runs out...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Szukalow
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glomeor wrote:

Greetings
Tobias

My son and I played a two player game as follows:

BASIC GAME - SET UP (that is - in addition to normal rules set up)
1. Set the board as for 4 players.
2. The two other planets are set up with two generators, three mines and the depot.
3. Use the Gizzi planet cards at all 4 neutral planet locations.
4. Each player (2 obviously) gets 4 timers.

When you are building a card you can play it at your planet (as normal) OR you can choose to play it at one of the other two planets (following placement rules, of course).

You can use more than one timer to move your spacecraft.

You can set your timers on the mines of the other two planets to place goods in the depot at that planet (this, of course, is done at risk since the other player could move onto the planet and grab the goods that are at the depot) or on your spacecraft (if it is docked there, of course).

You can never use the same goods acquired at a planet to satisfy the demand at that planet. There was never a problem knowing which cubes you acquired at which planet since we usually satisfied a demand at the planet before we picked up the goods from the depot.

We tried the game without the two other planets but found it not as much fun. Trying to keep control of four timers was fantastic fun and my 11 year son had little trouble - only once did I point out to him that a timer activated an action which he was neglecting.

Afterwards, he wanted to play again because it was the coolest game he ever played. I agreed with him. It all worked and was a lot of fun. He suggested I post this 2 player variant to BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
casterman wrote:
Afterwards, he wanted to play again because it was the coolest game he ever played. I agreed with him. It all worked and was a lot of fun. He suggested I post this 2 player variant to BGG.

Glad you did! I'll have to give this a try, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.