Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone give me some details? I have been following this KS closely since launch and just read about a solo variant being confirmed. When I went to the KS page it said the project was cancelled with a relaunch planned. Only backer could read the update. Any info would be greatly appreciated, as I was getting seriously interested

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baird
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Yep, cancelled for some sort of relaunch.

Of course, you need to be an existing backer to see why:

Quote:
April 12

WarQuest project cancellation/relaunch plans

For backers only

C'mon, what's the scoop for those of us still on the fence or waiting for payday etc?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Arn
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you head to the comments page, there are more details. From the sound of it, they were planning for this to be a massive $500,000+ KS project. After the first few days of not even making their funding goal, it wouldn't make sense for people to pay for the cost of the game without dozens of stretch goals added in.

They did say they were going to try to relaunch in 3-4 weeks after they do some more PR work and figure out how to optimize the KS page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bender
United States
New River
Arizona
flag msg tools
Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God
mbmbmbmbmb
They need to make it cheaper and save the expansions for a future Kickstarter. Just give us a good game at a $50 price point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Drickman
United States
Ukiah
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisbender wrote:
They need to make it cheaper and save the expansions for a future Kickstarter. Just give us a good game at a $50 price point.

They absolutely do not need a $50 price point, and that's very unrealistic for a game like this. But they need an optimized level for around $100. Its clear they wanted to people to go for the $275 level, but that's just too great a buy in. The big time kickstarters all have the level they focus on around that $100-$150 range and then they sneak in add ons later to get people to spend even more.

They need to focus all their work and getting people to buy in for that optimized level, whether it be through some KS exclusive stuff, strong and lower level stretch goals, working some of those add ons they had at the $275 level into the $100-$150 level, etc... For example, if they are going to make those wizards KS exclusive then put them in the lower level pledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If your funding goal is less than what you need to produce the game, then you are doing it wrong and people should be cautious about pledging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Page
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
Completely agree with @DanKD. $275 is too high a level to be the target pledge, and the way the KS was designed if you pledged less than that that you were missing out on stuff that you might never get access to in the future if it turned out you loved the game. Also the total package at $275 did not seem like great value for the money - you expect a lot in your box for that money.

Kickstarters like this need a pledge in the $100-150 area where people feel they are getting all or most of the exclusives and a lot of value (basically: value = plastic).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
The $265 early bird + an estimated $25 for shipping was a 9% discount from MSRP. If you missed the early bird, this dropped to 6% off. Since the project was taking so long to fund, it was becoming clear they weren't going to hit as many stretch goals as they'd hoped, so that tiny "discount" became a huge liability. No value yet, low likelihood of getting high value.

If the project can hit funding quickly, that $275 looks like a better deal with piles of stretch goals! Without it, it looks like a very scary barrier to hopping on...!

The pledge levels were also confusing, and didn't make much sense. I would have loved to see the following pledge levels:

$90: retail game and normal stretch goals
$125: KS game and wizards limited edition expansion and super stretch goals (and make sure your language is clear: you're not getting both super and normal!)
(all the other expansions be made available as add ons)
$275: The all-in pledge and super stretch goals. And make sure that 275 - 125 >>> than the proposed MSRP for all those add ons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Drover
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
This was our first Kickstarter, and we made a few mistakes around marketing, assets, and pledge levels.

We appreciate all of the great feedback here and on the Kickstarter page. We plan to improve the content and structure of the campaign and re-launch the campaign in a few weeks with a much more impactful marketing campaign in order to ensure that the game gets more support.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
House of Cards
United States
Abingdon
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
And more to show than just rough concept art for the miniatures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris Berger
Germany
Eitensheim
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another subject which should be taken care of by the Initiators of this campaign is shipping& custom!
Due to the current exchange rate between USD and EUR this project Should at least be EU friendly and ship EU orders within. Otherwise the offered pledge Levels are Even more unattractive and will hold Off most EU backers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
Beyond its mega-size, I have yet to see anything in gameplay that is unique or special that hasn't been done before. I keep watching and hoping, but nada. Another "dudes on a map" game I don't need. And the price further destroys it for me.

I hope to be proven wrong, and would like L4 to succeed. But, I'm willing to wait this one out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Resner
United States
austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattprice wrote:
The $265 early bird + an estimated $25 for shipping was a 9% discount from MSRP. If you missed the early bird, this dropped to 6% off.

Problem with that is I can just wait and easily get the game at ~%30 off MSRP either shortly after or the same time KS backers are getting theirs.

Everyone is right - the target pledge needs to be lower and there needs to be an incentive to make it more than a pre-order system for a small MSRP discount plus the fact that your money is "tied up" for months and months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hammel
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So they weren't making money hand over fist like Myth or Ghostbusters or even (another Glenn Drover recent Kickstarter) AoE3 reprint and they cancelled to regroup and try again? I was casually following the progress and was under the impression that it had funded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheGreatHamEl wrote:
So they weren't making money hand over fist like Myth or Ghostbusters or even (another Glenn Drover recent Kickstarter) AoE3 reprint and they cancelled to regroup and try again? I was casually following the progress and was under the impression that it had funded.

backers
$60,583
pledged of $85,000 goal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hammel
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
TheGreatHamEl wrote:

backers
$60,583
pledged of $85,000 goal

Did they lose backers? I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention. Perhaps the formula of overpriced miniatures board game + too many add-ons isn't the money printer it used to be. I know I was very "eh" about what I saw, even with the undead viking gameplay video.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.