Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Marvel Heroes» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ally Card Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Leder
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm reading the rules (in English - finally!!) and I have a question which may be silly:

Can you only choose to add Plot Points to an Ally card at the same time that you put the card into play? That is, you can never add more Plot Points to keep that card around after it has been used (up to three times if you spend two Plot Points and the ally is linked to your team).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
P. 7 under "Allies and Power-Ups" states that you may not place Plot Points on allies already in play.

- A
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmb
MantaScorp wrote:
Can you only choose to add Plot Points to an Ally card at the same time that you put the card into play?

Yes.

MantaScorp wrote:
you can never add more Plot Points to keep that card around after it has been used (up to three times if you spend two Plot Points and the ally is linked to your team).

Right!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Leder
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So for anyone who has played the game, does this mean that Allies are used quickly and discarded, never to be seen or heard from again? Or do they tend to hang around waiting for just the right moment to help out, which may mean that they are in play for most of the game?

(P.S. I am giddy with excitement. I can't wait to get my grubby hands on this game!)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmb
MantaScorp wrote:
So for anyone who has played the game, does this mean that Allies are used quickly and discarded, never to be seen or heard from again? Or do they tend to hang around waiting for just the right moment to help out, which may mean that they are in play for most of the game?

It depends by what you draw. You can have up to three Allies in play at once, so if you're really flooded with them, you could like to use them quickly in order to replace them with those you've still in hand. Otherwise, you'll usually prefer to activate them when it makes more sense.
More often that not, you'll pay only the better ones, discarding the others to activate the special skills of your Heroes (many of them require to discard a resource card from your hand), especially since playing Allies needs precious Plot Points (especially expensive for the Allies non affiliated with your team).
Your style of play ("aggressive" or "conservative") will also be important, of course.

Have fun! meeple
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Hoppe
Germany
Braunschweig / City of Lions
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
You basically will use allies for strong characters like "The Hulk" who has a weak number of dice in the "outwit roll". So the Hulk needs some brains when he goes on rampage. There an ally who has 5 dice in the outwit roll is a really nice thing to have.

But more often than I like it, one of my opponents has this darn card that says "you can't use the special abilities of your allies in this fight" , so you can never be sure, you can use your allies.angry
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.