Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
Could we possibly put a little more information on the name badges next year? Having hometown listed under last name would be a great start...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Height, weight, and credit card number would also be really cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schoenherr
msg tools
mb
Collection size -- for bragging rights.
Games where the player has the most wins -- to weed out the sharks.
Ability to translate German rules.
Ability to translate German rules well.

------

Edited by Skelebone to add:

Crapple Paul, I must have hit the edit button rather than the reply button. I'm sorry for usurping your post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Bailey
United States
North Richland Hills
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm all about putting on where you're from. As far as credit card number, I'll have to think about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Watson
United States
Madison
Mississippi
flag msg tools
I'm the guy that makes the badges. The first year, we had the city and state (or country) shown. We didn't do it this year but we should have and we will include it again next year.

One thing we might do, I haven't discussed this with Aldie or Vickie yet, is put something on the badge to indicate that you've attended prior BGG.CON's. This would probably be small icons showing that you attended BGG1 and/or BGG2. So it shows that you are a "veteran" of the conference.

I believe Aldie has some ideas about how he's going to redesign the online registration for the event, including how you want your Avatar to look.

One of the problems I run into with Avatars is with animated GIFs. I basically have to choose which frame of the GIF to use as the printed Avatar. It's fairly easy on some, but not on others. I think we are going to have a way for you to submit your Avatar picture directly into the registration and that's what we will use on the name badge.

Hopefully what Aldie creates for the registration form will address these issues and help us improve on look of the name badges.

-- Tim Watson

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Ridpath
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same thought throughout the Con. How about using essentially the same layout of name, avatar, badges, etc. that we see here on The Geek? At the very least, hometown (as mentioned) plus country flags would be nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nicholson
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the things that I do for con namebadges is list people's favorite games.
Since we have that information on the geek for many, it would be easy to pull off. In those moments when you aren't active in a game, you can look around and perhaps find someone who has a similar favorite for your next game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
timwatson wrote:
One of the problems I run into with Avatars is with animated GIFs. I basically have to choose which frame of the GIF to use as the printed Avatar. It's fairly easy on some, but not on others.

I think you should just turn off animation on your browser and use that still image. After all, the people who browse without animation never know which avatars are animated or not. We only know people by their "still frame" version of their avatar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Derk appears from the mists...
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
timwatson wrote:
Hopefully what Aldie creates for the registration form will address these issues and help us improve on look of the name badges.

ninja

(in the software business, we call that throwing someone under the bus)

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil Upchurch
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey derk, ASL?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
timwatson wrote:
One of the problems I run into with Avatars is with animated GIFs.

I thought you would print out multiple badges (one for each frame) and binding them together into a flip book. Then the Geeks, who insist on animated avatars can just spend their entire con thumbing through their flip books sharing the joy of animation while the rest of us play games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
RPardoe wrote:
timwatson wrote:
One of the problems I run into with Avatars is with animated GIFs.

I thought you would print out multiple badges (one for each frame) and binding them together into a flip book. Then the Geeks, who insist on animated avatars can just spend their entire con thumbing through their flip books sharing the joy of animation while the rest of us play games.

Perfect solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M
United States
Lake Hiawatha
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My first thought when I got mine was also that they should have where you are from on them, but that quickly became my ice breaker question when sitting with a new group to play something so I think it worked out ok

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Paprocki
United States
Green Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AnakinOU wrote:
Could we possibly put a little more information on the name badges next year? Having hometown listed under last name would be a great start...

Ahhh, the name badges.

BGG.Con has this very strange badge dynamic going on. Everywhere I went I felt like people were staring at my breasts.

I felt so cheap, like all that mattered was what was right below my neck.

blush laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.