United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your Move Games has been expanding our Con presence this year, both by providing product support for people willing to run demos (see Geekway to the West) or by going directly to cons like Kubla when in previous years we'd stuck with just the big cons like GenCon and Origins.

BoardGameGeek has been a great promotional vehicle for us (especially for Battleground: Fantasy Warfare), so I really wanted to go, even though flying to a convention with 400 people isn't exactly the best math.

All in all, I had an OK show from a professional point of view and a good one from my personal point of view. I sold about $450 worth of product, which isn't bad considering the size of the show.

On the personal side, I met Scott/Aldie and saw a bunch of geek friends who I'd either never met or only met briefly before. I was also very pleased at how nice everyone was -- not really surprised, but it was great to be at a Con and not meet a single jerk.

Sadly as a vendor I didn't get to play much. I played Caylus for *gasp* the first time and got in several games of Hill 218, a prototype game we expect to publish early next year. I also got to demo a cool prototype of Kevin Nunn's that I hope he finds a publisher for. (I'd certainly consider it if we weren't fully-loaded with growing Battleground.)

So, thanks to Aldie and to everyone else I spoke with, gamed with or sold stuff to at BGG.CON!

Best,
Chad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Bailey
United States
North Richland Hills
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey I know it might not mean much from the profit side of things, but you were a fantastic vendor at the con. You were friendly and easily approachable, and in spite of only having two games to sell you were enthusiastic about them in an infectous way. You took the time to teach me Battleground when you could have been playing your own games, and I really appreciate that.

Best wishes on the new game, I hope it is a fantastic success.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Ball
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for running me through the paces with Battleground: Fantasy Warfare. It's a great system and I enjoyed meeting you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for coming Chad, even though the profitability factor was low. It was great meeting you, and I really liked the Battleground system - it's a great alternative to Warhammer.

Also - glad that package came in! phew!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Henke
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was very nice to meet you in person Chad!

I did contribute a bit to the kitty too, even gave a brief overview of Battleground to some friends on the last day.

Hope to see you back and thanks for coming down this time!
--Jason Henke

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Profit may be the ultimate measure of a business in the long term, but I'm quite satisfied with the weekend, even before counting in how much fun I had. Thanks to everyone who commented...you and the other geeks I met were why I had such a good weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Hamlin

Dallas
Texas
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I gotta give another "You da man CHAD!"

I didnt buy Battlegrounds from you this past weekend,
but because of your great enthusiasm in demoing your products,
Myself and more that a few friends plan on buying a copy.

When we left your table, I commented to my wife about how awesome
you were! You were a great addition to the Convention, and I hope
you are able to come back again next year.

As I said...Maybe you didn't see a lot of profit for the weekend,
but the networking you did will really pay off! I promise you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Bailey
United States
North Richland Hills
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh and Chad - FullMetal Alchemist kicks ass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ShaneHamlin wrote:
I gotta give another "You da man CHAD!"

I didnt buy Battlegrounds from you this past weekend,
but because of your great enthusiasm in demoing your products,
Myself and more that a few friends plan on buying a copy.

When we left your table, I commented to my wife about how awesome
you were! You were a great addition to the Convention, and I hope
you are able to come back again next year.

As I said...Maybe you didn't see a lot of profit for the weekend,
but the networking you did will really pay off! I promise you!

Cool. It's always hard to measure stuff like that, so it's nice to hear from people like you. I hope you'll check out our Yahoo Group too...it's a great resource.

I haven't decided whether I'll come back next year but we'll definitely be there in some form or other. I might talk to Aldie about doing a promotion, or I might just suck it up and go out again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Henke
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heck, even if you decide not to attend as a publisher next year, come out and just game with us for the weekend. It was a blast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.