Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hilary Hartman
United States
GLENNALLEN
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
Just your friendly, neighborhood game player and superhero!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just glancing over Alan Yngve's Tactical Training Series scenarios and wondered if anyone else had utilized them to learn (and teach) Squad Leader?

Impressions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Easton
Australia
Berry
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I 100% agree with Ken. The TTS scenarios provide a broad range of really interesting scenarios. Each Scenario has a basic version, plus a series of graded enhancements that add extra units/capabilities/rules to each side to add variety and replayability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmbmbmb
I used the Alpha scenarios when teaching friends. I think they're in general better in teaching the game, then the standard programmed learning.
I have a few remarks however:
1) Some scenarios are over simplyfied: there are very very few new rules introduced. So we don't normally play A0, A1, A2 etc, but something like A0, A2, etc, just leave out a few.
2) Advanced line of site (height diffenrence) is very complicated in SL, IMO. According to the rules, you're in and on a certain level at the same time. Hard to wrap my head around. And in the TTS scenarios already introduced in the B-serie, while in standard only in scenario4 (IIRC)
All in all: I would recommend using the TTS. Maybe together with the standard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Shipp
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like advancephase.com might be gone...does anyone know where the TTS scenarios can be found now?

Randy...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the domain is out of the air, but the Advance Phase site is still running:
http://home.earthlink.net/~advancephase/

Maybe you should join the SL-list. On avg it's only 1 question and answer a week, but you won't miss out on stuff like this.
(See that site, under 'Begin here' > 'getting started > '1.Joining the SL list')

Edit: the first (Alpha) of the TTS scenarios is also beautifully crafted in SL scenario sheet style, found at the WargameAcademy as PDF:
http://www.wargameacademy.org/sqla/Scenarios/ScenariosAph/Sq...

Happy gaming,
Matthijs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.