BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Anyone know where I can get a game show buzzer like device? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You know, a bunch of buttons that can be pressed at very close intervals and some mechanism that indicates in some way which one was pressed first.

It'd be for home use, not on some soundstage, so I'm not really talking about real, big stuff. Ideally it could handle up to say 8 people. It would also be cool if it was wireless.

Any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fair
United States
Damascus
MD
flag msg tools
designer
Or maybe PowerGrid?
badge
Yeah, that's me. Handsome devil, I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Anyone know where I can get a game show buzzer like devi
Search eBay and/or thrift stores for a copy of Quizzard. It has a lockout buzzer for up to 6 people (sorry, not wireless).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Maddening
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.case.edu/orgs/trivia/internet/equip.html

This is a five year old webpage, and I didn't check any of the links from it, but there are a lot of them, so something must be active.

Alternatively, check with your local college or high school and see if they have a quiz bowl team, then see if they know where they got theirs.

You may have an educational supply shop near you, too. That's another good place to try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BeyondMonopoly wrote:
Search eBay and/or thrift stores for a copy of Quizzard. It has a lockout buzzer for up to 6 people (sorry, not wireless).

I actally have access to a Quizzard. My dad bought one when we were kids simply for the cool buzzer. I haven't went to his house and dug it out yet. This would be my backup. I'm hoping to find something a little more configurable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Myers
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think what you're looking for is a lockout timer. google should help. I do have a copy of Quizzard, if that would work for you (trade/sale).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the link, jeremy.

I found this place: http://www.buzzers.com

They've got USB buzzers that look saweet, but they're about 40 bucks apiece!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Taboo has buzzers...I'm thinking you could open them up and jimmyrig the wires to also light up an LED or light bulb and which one lights first only have that one lit and the others wouldn't lite up. All buzzers would still 'buzz' though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
If you have any electrical aptitude, it seems like this sort of device might be relatively easy to rig up with parts obtained from your local RadioShack. You'd probably have to either know what you're doing or find a schematic, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NateStraight wrote:
If you have any electrical aptitude, it seems like this sort of device might be relatively easy to rig up with parts obtained from your local RadioShack.

I agree with this assessment, however I'm lazy and don't mind paying a little cash for a ready to go system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Fair enough. I certainly wouldn't have a go at it myself. I can't even solder. :-/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swood
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbass wrote:
Taboo has buzzers...

The funnest game accessory used outside of a game.

Open the box, take out the buzzer, hold it up to your face while pressing button. Pretend to shave. Always gets laughs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Maddening
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We Minnesotans are very lucky to have this store here:

http://ax-man.com/

You can make any sort of weird electronic machine you could possibly think of by combing their aisle and seeing what new strangeness they got in that week!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.