Alcobendas
flag msg tools
One question about recruitments limits :

It is said in the rules that "Each new military unit set-up is limited to:
• 1 unit in province where the nation owns a city
without a temple
• 3 units in a province where the nation owns a
city with a temple

We were discussing if that limits refers to the total number of units that you can set up (then you can place them wherever you like within your territories) or the limit of units you can set up in each province.

Eg. If you have two territories, one of them with a temple and one without it, Can you place all the already payed new units (max 4) in the province without a temple?.

Thanks¡

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
The ratio of people to cake is too big.
badge
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...
mbmbmbmbmb
The limit is per territory.

So a city without a temple may build 1 new unit. A city with a temple may build 3 new units.

Once they are built and start moving there is no population limit per territory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If this is not clear, and it probably was plenty clear, you can recruit the unit only in the area that gave you the basis for being able to recruit it.

So in your example, NO, you cannot put all 4 units into the same area. It is maximum one unit placed in each area with a city except those that also have a temple. You can place up to three units in a region with a temple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.