Popular Tags: [View All]
Who Am I Now?
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just pre-ordered this, based upon comments here...certainly not based upon info available at GMT, which is minimal.

This is obviously getting play at conventions, and would appear to be mature to the point of publishing. Why haven't the rules been made available for review? Or have I simply missed them somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin McPartland
United States
Jessup
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
Oliver Hazard Perry leader counter from Amateurs, To Arms! by Clash of Arms Games.
badge
Warrior Band counter for Conquest of Paradise by GMT Games.
mbmbmbmbmb
You haven't missed anything, Mark; the rules are not posted anywhere yet. I have been unwilling to post them until they're in final form, to avoid confusion with different versions after the game is published. The rules were fully written after a long process done by people with limited time (yes, we all still have day jobs!) Then, I decided the rules needed to be re-written, because the tone was too lawyerly and wargamish. We have based the new version of the rules on the tone of Eurogame rules.

I would like to thank Tony Nardo for all of his help with this process. He has been a great help, even while he is still putting the finishing touches on Winds of Plunder in his role as developer of that game.

I've said this before, but the rules really are quite close to reaching their final format. I will see if GMT is willing to post the rules on-line when we get to that point.

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Mathews
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick answer to the question posed in the title would be "beneath my desk waiting for lunch to proof some more", but that's hardly satisfying to the original poster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin McPartland
United States
Jessup
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
Oliver Hazard Perry leader counter from Amateurs, To Arms! by Clash of Arms Games.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks with your help proofreading, Jon! I didn't realize that you're planning to take another look at it; wait until I send you an update tonight- I've added the variable game-end Advanced Rule that you were lobying for! As well as other changes from other proofreaders.

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i need to get around to reading these...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Mathews
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet! I'm glad that that got added. Yeah, I've been looking the version that I have over off and on but haven't really gone at it again yet so if you're sending me a new version, I'll just wait for the update. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin McPartland
United States
Jessup
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And here's the other half of the BGG section of my proofreading team! Thanks for your input, too, Justin! I'll send you a new copy of the latest, too. But anything more that you do is just icing on the cake- you've both already helped with the critical part, the Rules. I figure the Game Notes is my responsibility alone, and any errors there are not as important as an error in the rules.

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron K
United States
jamesville
New York
flag msg tools
'80' maxlength='250'> </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%" align="right"><b>Avatar OverText</b></td> <td width="85%"> <input type="text" name="overtext[avatar]" value="Train Game anyone?
badge
Train Game anyone?
mbmbmbmbmb
KMcPartland wrote:
And here's the other half of the BGG section of my proofreading team!

I guess that makes me the third half

Got back home tonite after a week away on business and gave the latest set you sent a quick read through. Looks ready to go (I don't see why this has to sit behind a 2nd printing of Twilight Struggle -- hehe).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin McPartland
United States
Jessup
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was counting Jon's two posts seperately... yea, that's the ticket! blush

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Nardo
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A small teaser from the formatting department...

Conquest of Paradise will now have a 12-page rule booklet, plus a separate booklet with Kevin's "Designer's Notes". The latter booklet will have historical and cultural background for the explorers, Arts & Culture cards, and Island Group tiles used in the game.

The base game's rules are only eight pages, plus there are two pages of Advanced rule variants. The front cover art, table of contents, bibliography, & credits take up the remainder of the rule booklet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.