Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I correct in saying that using the map for movement replaces the region cards entirely? Am I also correct in saying that the site cards are still necessary?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Region cards are not needed. You can check map instead. Site cards on the other hand are still used, and play an important part of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Stop the admins removing history from the Wargaming forum.
mbmbmbmbmb
The short answer is yes to both questions. There is a whole bunch of complicated stuff to do with this. As I recall you can still uses starter movement if you wish (it might only be between havens). My full copy of all the rules, errata and downloads expired when my computer went down. So I don't have them any more, but I can find out if you would really like to know more about it?
Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian B
Australia
Adelaide
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes and yes.
Movement is the key to the game. You can still use starter movement of you want to. Region movement is usually better as you have more flexibility.

There is only one complication, and its not an errata its an original rule. The only time starter movement is better is if you are moving to or from a haven. This is useful for two reasons:

1. You can sometimes move more than the maximum four regions (eg moving to Iron Hill Dwarf Hold from Lorien)

2. The only named regions you move through are the regions containing the site you left and the site you are moving to. You still move through the region types listed on the site card, just not by name. This can be important to avoid certain hazards. The rationale is that you are travelling a safer more populated route rather than across open terrain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.