Popular Tags: [View All]
Who Am I Now?
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How does the quality of materials (and number of folds) of this map compare to Fire in the Skies? My preferred map material is the type used in C&C: Ancients (cardstock). I don't own FITS, but the map images I've seen show fairly rough folds, and lead to concern about wear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly the same stuff in AVL as in FitS. Same paper and number of folds. Pretty sturdy stuff to me and I have probably pulled the FitS map out and unfolded it more than anyone else alive. No signs of rips or tears.

Sort of like strong wax paper to me.

Not crazy about the MMP boxes but nothing wrong with strength of their maps. But it is paper and not card stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boyd
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
I Play With Toy Soldiers.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The map seems to be of a high grade paper stock that will last. It's rather nice looking and helps establish the "winter in Russia" mood. I did notice it's slighty larger than most large, single sheet maps taking up all of my 24x36 poster frame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.