(The Artist formerly known as) Arnest R
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Keep calm and carry on...
mbmbmbmbmb
Elkfest has been a favourite in the last few days. But with two daughters wanting to play their Dad simultaneously, something had to be done:

ARNFEST

Material

Of course you need :
- more Elks (a.k.a. Arns), one per player;
- more riverbanks, one per player;
- more stones to step on (three per player).
- one extra stone, in a special colour (a.k.a. Arnstone).

Starting position

- The Arnstone goes in the middle of the river.
- Every Arn has to go to his riverbank, i.e. the one which is of his colour, meaning that the starting positions are cycling colour pairs, like so :

RULES

The rules remained the same except that :
- the first two players get a single flick on their first turn;
- everyone has to step on the Arnstone before going to his own riverbank (this makes sure that Arns get entangled, chaos !!!);
- it is forbidden to flick the Arnstone (penalty is immediate disqualification);
- it is forbidden to push the Arnstone with another stone in a direction which is directly favourable to your Arn.

optionally
- if a player has stepped on the extra coloured stone and another player is still closer to his starting position than to his target riverbank, he is allowed to skip the Arnstone.

Was it fun ?
My little girls (aged 4 and 5) love it, the Arnstone really provides all the chaos we were hoping for. The optional rule helped to make sure all players had a go even if one fell behind really badly after the first moves.

Here´s the middle game :

Where did I get the Arns ?

- in some sets of Elkfest, there is a matched male-female couple - just wait a little bit (pros: cheap, cons: can take a while, to the point you wonder if the Elks are really a couple; also no choice regarding the colour);
- buy a second set of Elkfest, paint it.
- carve some plywood (yeah, what I did, the girls loved the workshop )...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MyO the HedgeFox
Russia
flag msg tools
The Verse flows throughout Aquaria. Through each ripple and wave, through every living being, The Verse binds us all as one.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks fun. =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.