Angelo Porazzi
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
A little introduction to understand my contact with this game.
See the PhotoReport I realized after Essen06
http://warangel.it/ES6eng.html,
now published on SpielBoxOnline
http://www.spielbox.de/ix.html?/spielarchiv/sbmessen/spiel06...
and Hall9000
http://www.hall9000.de/links/essen2006.html
the two main gaming sites in germany.
Well: I think that WizKids marketing manager have seen it.
I took a picture of Pirates the BoardGame in Press Conference of Essen, as the game sincerely captured my attention for its gorgeous materials.
I placed the Kraken and Sea Snake on the mapboard, to make them attack one ship and took a close up of the scene. Back in Milano, I insered it in my PhotoReport.
Now I have here in my office, a box of this game shipped fom WizKids UK, kindly gifted by that person who met me taking the picture, with her thanks.
Just to explain and understand my comment about this game, due it was really appreciated by my three daughters and by me.
As a graphic, designer and producer, I am really pleased by artwork of the ships and monsters.
Real essence of this boardgame.
Illustrations on each parts of the ships are excellent, and they are perfectly pre-cut on laminated-plastic material, with great precision.
The making of the ships gives two things: a spectacular 3D sight when you mount and place them on the board, together with sea monsters, and a great fun when they literally loose pieces when fired by enemy cannons.
Each shot on target removes one piece of the ship and fire power of that sector on the ship.
Great to play and to imagine.
You see Ships reduced to nutshellstrying to transport they precious golden pieces back on their base, fired with no mercy by enemies and crushed by tentacles of Kraken
Not suited for "Gamers" that look for perfectly balanced games, with no luck factor, german-abstract style gamers.
This is a game for gamers like me, who like to enjoy playing: great playability, great fun, great theme, great interaction, great graphic.
Strongly suggested to gamers who have my same gaming flavour, easy, light game suited also for famiies with children.
It is also not recommended to gamers who like collectable games (that I do not like), due this is a complete game (thing that I like a lot).
I did'nt like the folds in the plastic mapboard, really well illustrated but folds are not so nice to see.
I suggest to roll the plastic map as a "pirates' map" to stretch folds and conserve it in that way .
I do not like the idea to measure distances and guns ranges with cards: I prefer so much hexed maps where everything is clear. But this is my personal flavour.
The price here in Italy is very cheap, giving to the game an optimal price-value, even if you buy it.
Much better be present at Essen press conference, take a shot, realize a PhotoReport, see it published on international websites and wait for a gift
Honestly is a great game for the audience it is designed for, light game perfect for families and children.
Teh ratings of my three daughetar are all the same: 10 to materials, 8 to game itself.
I agree, considering the target of the game: our average rating is a 9.
My compliment to WizKids for their attenton and kindness.
I always give a great value to persons behind each game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.