United Kingdom
STOCKPORT
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb

16 Oct 06 I ordred three games from Adamspielt and this is what follows

18 Oct : Adam Spielt confirmed dispatch of my order
30 Oct – I emailed Adam Spielt informing them that I had not received my order
31 Oct – Adam Spielt responded saying that they didn’t know why it was taking so long andthey would take it up with their forwarder and will get back to me quickly
1 Nov – As they hadn’t responded quickly I emailed them again
1 Nov – Adam Spielt responded, saying that they still didn’t know why it was taking so long and there forwarded need four days (so why did they promise to respond quickly)
1 Nov – I emailed back saying that this wasn’t very good and at what point would they considered an item lost and send a replacement
1 Nov – Adam Spielt responded “I hope that parcel do not got lost! In case it was lost by transport company we'll check with you what you prefer - refund of money or replacement - but we have to wait until forwarder really sure about the details.
2 Nov – I emailed again informing them it still hadn’t arrived
2 Nov – Adam Spielt response “No news I’ll keep in touch
3 Nov _ I emailed stating that the games hadn’t arrived can we assume that they are lost?
3 Nov – Adam Spielt responded saying that they get back in touch with me Monday
3 Nov – I asked what happeneds on Monday
3 Nov – Adam Spielt . Person in charge will double check the parcel details - sorry forwarder told us, that we have to wait few days more - is too short to figure out if there are problems or not
Tuesday 7 Nov (No response from Adamspielt) remember they promised to get back to me on Monday 6 Nov. So I emailed them again asking what is happening
Tuesday 9 Nov – Adamspielt – I’m told that the person who can resolve this isn’t in until the 13th and they will get back to me then.
9 Nov – I responded asking why do I have to keep waiting and waiting, why can’t they sort it out?
10 Nov – Adamspielt – They still don’t know where the games are but gave me a tracking number and asked me to contact my local office and they promised to get back to me on 13th to finally resolve this.
13 Nov They didn’t get back to me as promised and I asked again what are they going to do.
14 Nov. Adamspielt – Responded saying that they would either refund my money or resend games
14 Nov – I responded, thinking at last, and, as I wanted the games gave them the opportunity to resend them. Also informed them that I had checked with Royal Mail and they confirmed that the games had be returned to sender as the address details were wrong (we don’t know what was wrong)
15 Nov Adamspeilt, surprise, surprise have decided not to resend the games as promised as they think they are at a Royal Mail depot.

IF they are they will be part of thousands of unidentified items (Royal Mail do not store parcels, they either deliver them or return them where possible)

WILL THIS EVER GET RESOLVED – I DOUBT IT

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Seddon
United Kingdom
Congleton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very annoying!

Haven't dealt with Adam-spiel.

I had problems with Play Me...lots of folks here did. I got charged twice for some games - and then it took ages to get them. When I did get them, they couldn't seem to sort out refunding me for the extra charge. In the end, I handed it over to my credit card company who sorted it out. My previous order from Play me had been ok, though.

I've NEVER had any problems with Spieloffensive. I've ordered from them about 8 times, I guess and they've been great every time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't 10% of parcels and letters in the UK get lost?
Our postman is perhaps the WORST one I know of...Cos we live down an alleyway he saves up our post so he only needs to come every now and again....Which is not good when you need post for work or to know how much credit card to pay off....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nicholson
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've personally had several very good experiences with Adamspielt over in the US, so maybe it's something with the AS/UK handoff process. They have always double-boxed games and been very responsive to my needs.

Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Korner
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Stop poking me! Ow! I mean it! That hurts!
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh. I've never had any problems with Adam-Spielt, and our group has ordered quite a few times in the past. They manage to get the parcels to British Columbia in 10 days, undamaged and complete, which is quite a feat!

It sounds like the issue here is with Royal Mail, though? Can't really fault the sender if the delivery service on the far side decides to sit on the parcel and not notify anyone...

In any case, highly frustrating I'm sure. Hope you get your games soon!

pk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brown
United Kingdom
STOCKPORT
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
No 10% of letters/parcels do not get lost. I used to work for Royal Mail and have investigated cases where companies use the "Lost in the post" or "delayed in the post" excuse. They use this because it's impossible to prove otherwise in most cases.

In the delayed excuse I have found out instances where I proved the company was lying to it's customers to cover up it's owb poor service

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Carvin
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Join our Berks Boardgamers group (Hamburg, Pa) via Facebook!
badge
Ah, the diabolical Dice … a word of caution; don't throw them when you're alone. The fiends lack loyalty, and their notion of nourishment is quite disturbing.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've order from Adam Spielt many times and have never had a problem. Just give them a chance to get it sorted out, there's no need to email them every single day. They can't physically track down the package themselves anyway, that's up to Royal Mail. I know you're anxious but they're not out to screw you. They double box the games so even if they're getting hung up somewhere they should arrive intact. If they don't show up I'm sure they'll reship or refund.

As far as playme.de, I've also ordered from them many times and yes, way back a few years ago a lot of people had problems with their shipping/charging. Sometimes they charged double, sometimes they didn't bill for shipping, and sometimes they forgot to charge anything before shipping! Since them they have been much better though their packaging of the games still stinks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brown
United Kingdom
STOCKPORT
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Again everyone assumes it's Royal Mail's fault. Did the sender address the item correctly? I'd guess not otherwise it would be delivered. There is no gain for any delivery company not delivering a correctly addressed parcel. They don't have the space to store them.

And yes I have received games from Adamspielt in the past and they arrived quickly. But I am judging them on how quickly they respond and deal with a problem, and in this case they are rubbish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brown
United Kingdom
STOCKPORT
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
jcarvin wrote:
Just give them a chance to get it sorted out, there's no need to email them every single day.

They have had plenty of chances and what really annoys me is them promising to do something and then not doing so. One of the games was for a Birthday, which has now come and gone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i made a mistake with my creadit card with them and soon got it sourted out over the phone they phoned me.

used them 3-4 times never had a problem, allways been quick, they do use an insane amount of packing

I got diamant in a box the size of a computer monitar!
sorry to here you having trouble with them,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Boucher
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HamsterOfFury wrote:
`

Hammy, I'll tell you what's annoying about mailing games to the UK from Canada and having them mailed FROM the UK to Canada. It doesn't matter if you pay for air-mail delivery or not, it will take at least six weeks to get there.

And once it's in the bin, it appears that the hapless sender is S.O.L. when it comes to getting any sort of satisfaction.

Try it, it's fun! :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know how accurate this rumor is:

A friend told me that due to health problems the company is no longer run by Adam himself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
The problem I have with this story is that it is rather one-sided. I have placed several orders with them, and you won't hear me complain one iota about their 'rubbish' service. They delivered at lightning speed, at very sharp prices, in exceedingly sturdy boxes. With all due respect, we don't know the tone in which the conversations were conducted, we don't know what was said and/or promised exactly, and there's a language barrier to overcome as well. I speak german so cannot comment on their english, but it might still be a factor---we don't know.

All I can say is that you are obviously PO'ed (with good reason from the sound of things), but that a little prudence in posting the day-to-day account might have been advisable. AdamSpielt cannot defend themselves over here as they don't seem to frequent this site. Have you sought out a german geek to help sort things out if language does turn out to be an issue, for example?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HamsterOfFury wrote:

I am forced to pay for registered mail now because MANY of the packages from the UK get lost: Shear Panic, RE2 and a small pack with gaming materials...

Regarding the on-line shops: due to the increasing boardgaming market their services start to suffer.

I have an order pending with Milan Spiele since Oct 23 (all items were available when i placed it). shake

I ordered Louis XIV English from PlayMe and they just sent me the German version (they informed me that they will send me the English version but it is listed as "not available" at their site. I wonder how long i'll have to wait now...) shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've ordered from them in the past and have always recieved my items in a timely manner and packaged safely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Akke Monasso
Netherlands
Aalten
Achterhoek
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
GeoMan wrote:
A friend told me that due to health problems the company is no longer run by Adam himself.

This is true.

Their website now says:

Vertretungsberechtigter Geschäftsführer: Uwe Pauli

this used to be Friedhelm Adam.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brown
United Kingdom
STOCKPORT
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
ixnay66 wrote:
All I can say is that you are obviously PO'ed (with good reason from the sound of things), but that a little prudence in posting the day-to-day account might have been advisable. AdamSpielt cannot defend themselves over here as they don't seem to frequent this site. Have you sought out a german geek to help sort things out if language does turn out to be an issue, for example

You're right this is a one sided account but I have only posted the facts, I've not embillished anything or put my slant on it (not deliberately anyway). However I will be posting them the link to this site.

I gave them many many opportunities to resolve this and they failed on each occasion.

Like I said I have ordered in the past with no problem but now I have a problem they seem incapable of sorting it out or doing what they promise.

I have requested a full refund and will seek the games from other sources. The onus is on them to sort it, they choose and paid the carrier and if there is any problems they should seek reinbursement from their choosen carrier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Never had a problem with Adamspielt; had plenty of problems with Royal Mail. "Barely competant" is how I would describe the postal service (I could bore you with the details, of the complaints lodged only to have the same problems recurr time and again after multiple complaints, but it would bore you. Besides, David thinks that our postal service is perfect).

And Royal Mail is the *good* side of the coin. On the *bad* side, we have ParcelFarce. Frankly I'd not believe a figure of 10% problem deliveries for Parcel Farce - I reckon it's far closer to 25%.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
Wow...If I got my AS order in a month I'd think it was a miracle. I've ordered from AS many many times, and it always comes. By the sound of it, you just need to learn a little patience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have ordered twice from AS in the past and didn't have problems. This is going back 2 years now though.

Shipping time from Germany to Australia is usually 2 weeks thanks in part to DP being owned by DHL!

Sorry to hear about your trouble and I agree that they did take a long time to resolve the issue. It sounds like they were trying to play for time, hoping that the parcel turned up eventually.

Perhaps the new owner has something to do with this poor service?

Sure, people may blame Royal Mail BUT the onus is on Adam Spielt to follow up the tracking and delivery of the parcel as they have the relevant shipping information. You could spend some time trying to track the parcel with what information you have.

I hope you resolve this amicably!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Groves
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't sound like the greatest service but the games store are caught in the middle. The shipping company are to blame and both the buyer and the seller rely on them for information before the situation can be resolved.

A friend of mine is in the middle of a similar stuation in ordering from Germany(Playme.de I think?) to NZ. Ironically he ordered "Roads and Boats" which apparently came via DHL arrived in NZ, they couldn't find the address, and therefore has been shipped back to Germany! For a start there was nothing wrong with the address so I cannot work out why it was returned. Secondly, NZ just aint that big and any small investigation would have sorted out the address issues - surely an email to my friend via Playme would have been a starter for 10. At this point he has been informed he will have to pay for the games to be posted again but I'm sure further discussion will sort out that DHL need to carry the can on this one. If not you'll hear from me again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered a game over the summer via e-Bay from a German seller, and my correspondence with him was very similar to the one you list above. In fact, the parcel finally arrived in the U.S. after about 10 weeks in the mail. I don't know why it took so long, but this was package that legitimately took 10 weeks, as demonstrated by the postmark info.

So don't give up on the possibility that your parcel may arrive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Riessen
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Sorry to hear about your troubles.

I've ordered from them a couple times now, and one time did I have an issue and that was merely a game that was actually out-of-stock contrary to the website info. They contacted me about it the day after I ordered it and removed it from the charge. They've always been timely and courteous. And their packing is beyond reproach--double boxed with packing material in each box.

Overall I'd rate them as excellent. I hope your issue gets resolved soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a problem last summer. But it was due to several reasons. Games not in stock, order was soo large that my credit card company thought someone tried to rip me off, and they had to call me to get approval. Then it still wouldn't go through. I sent several e-mails that were answered very slowly.

But, whenever I called, I got friendly help right away, and they really tried to work out the issues. Frau Adam even called me back and my wife picked up the phone, and they discussed the issues in English. I talked several times with Frau Adam, and she is very cool cool

So, my advice is that you call them, and they have people that speak English.

Other than the one time, I never had any problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Stop the admins removing history from the Wargaming forum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Man it stinks having things lost in the mail. I work for a major newspaper provider in New Zealand a couple days a week (its pretty hard earning enought to pay for games just playing music). Some papers are sent via post and the fact is stuff gets lost. However it is very easy for a company to track this down and while it takes some effort on the part of the company anyone who relies on the post to provide their service should know how to do it. It is just plain bad service failing to contact you on a regular basis and update you on what they have found. There is no reason you should have to constantly contact them in order to find progress. While I suspect this retailer is probably not dishonest they are pretty lazy.

If you are in the UK and don't care how much you pay I would recommend www.spiritgames.co.uk
while they are not cheap, but they have absolutely firstclass service (I only use them for miniatures, but I did order games once). I have had several problems with UK retailers on took over three months to ship a small package to me, but they were very apologetic in the end.
good luck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.