Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
I've not played the game, only read the rules (like a lot of Tanga mystery game recipients).

But in reading the rules, I get a feeling of Can't Stop (playing the odds) meets Linie 1 (building for the final 'race' portion). And that's a good thing. I think I may like this game.

But one thing bothers me. It seems to me that after the first round of mandatory flight plan building, it would always be a good idea to simply try to complete a plan--any plan. If you're extremely lucky, you'll be finished with the compulsories after the 5th turn and ready to do some final stunt. But in any event, you wouldn't have 'wasted' turns building different flight plans, since you can't modify plans (more than a single card) AND fly on the same turn. Hence, it seems that one would just change 0 or 1 cards and fly away--roll the bones.

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems that the opportunity loss of skipping a turn of flying is rather large.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I'm not following you. There are three options for your turn:

1. Exchange up to 3 cards (and do nothing else).

2. Play a new 3-card flight plan and then try to complete the stunt.

3. Upgrade 1 card in a flight plan and then try to complete the stunt.

So, you CAN modify a flight plan and fly the same turn.

I get the impression from what people have been posting that the English rules included with the Tanga copies are rubbish - I would recommend downloading the PDF on the game page here instead. It is not as clear as it could be in all spots, but everything is there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
tool wrote:
I'm not following you. There are three options for your turn:

1. Exchange up to 3 cards (and do nothing else).

2. Play a new 3-card flight plan and then try to complete the stunt.

3. Upgrade 1 card in a flight plan and then try to complete the stunt.

So, you CAN modify a flight plan and fly the same turn.

I get the impression from what people have been posting that the English rules included with the Tanga copies are rubbish - I would recommend downloading the PDF on the game page here instead. It is not as clear as it could be in all spots, but everything is there.

I said that poorly. I should have said, "Why would anyone ever choose option 1 above? Passing on a turn of dice rolling, that is.

As to the rules, there aren't any in the Tanga copy (except the German ones). The ones on the Queen site are a lot better than the rules here, which have some issues.

Thanks for clarifying. I guess the only time a person gives up their opportunity to "fly" is when they exchange cards, kinda like a Scrabble bag search. But if I wanted new cards, why not put down a 3-card flight plan and then fly (either the plan I just put down or a different one, as it's not indicated in the rules that you have to fly the plan you just modified)? That way, I get to fly AND dump cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Casiglio
United States
Ansonia
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Randy Cox wrote:
I said that poorly. I should have said, "Why would anyone ever choose option 1 above? Passing on a turn of dice rolling, that is.

Because you are holding nothing but 10s, 11s and twelves. Or you hold only yellow cards and the last flight you need to do requires red, green and blue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.