Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jonathan schleyer
United States
Manhattan Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am trying to figure out which one to buy. I have a 4 year old and feel that Quicksand may be more fun and faster but the reviews of Cartagena are so positive.

Any advice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Heberer
United States
Lake Stevens
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean that really got out of hand fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cartagena is a game where you advance a group of tokens that belong to you to a final goal. You can use the efforts of others to accomplish this goal and others can use your efforts as well.

In quicksand, you are moving all of the tokens on the board, some less and some more, but the point is to advance your secret token to the end of the track. People are trying to guess what token is yours so they can thwart it and advance their own.

The games are fairly different. I like Quicksand as a light game with lots of people (4+). I like cartagena with as few as possible, and it becomes very interesting as a two player. Cartagena is held in higher regard in my group than Quicksand.

I think either game is good for kids, but I think that quicksand is better for younger kids. That is just a snap opinion, I know nothing about your kids.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.