California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the website:

SUPER SALE on all "high end"
handcrafted CROKINOLE Games!

All inventory will be sold! Why? Owner
is retiring from the crokinole business!!

ACT NOW before they're gone!!!

I just ordered a Black Gold Pro board last night for $159 USD.

Woo hoo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cynthia Landon
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. That is too bad they won't be around anymore. They have beautiful boards. I ordered the Black Gold Pro from them last Christmas and they had fabulous customer service and the board is perfect - we love it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like some good deals there, but I don't think I can justify the cost right now. Especially since I've never played! (Although I have played PitchCar and thought it was a hoot!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Sodusta
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spearjr wrote:
Looks like some good deals there, but I don't think I can justify the cost right now. Especially since I've never played! (Although I have played PitchCar and thought it was a hoot!)

I have played both Crokinole and PitchCar and own PitchCar. They both have their role in the dexterity games world. The reason I like PitchCar because it can accomodate twice as many people as Crokinole. The reason I like Crokinole is because of team play, board occupies less room, and very easy to set up.

I am really considering in purchasing Crokinole from them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rowe
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoo-hah! My Black Gold Pro has proven to be a fantastic board. Looks the business, too (and has a "professional" fit 'n' finish to beat the other boards I've seen.)

Great people to deal with; I wouldn't hesitate to recommend picking up their boards while available. Just a quick note: shipping can damage these boards, but the owner has been great at handling any problems.

Cheers,

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cynthia Landon
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, my board was also damaged by a careless UPS worker... however the owner had it insured and was very helpful in getting a replacement quickly. For a fee UPS allowed me to keep the damaged board and that is the one we take places (so we don't have to worry much if it gets damaged in transit)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilder
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a Pro-XL (wrote a review of it in the Crokinole forum) and I love it! I'd get another as a spare if I had the money. Maybe he's got enough stock to last a couple of months...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kämmen mein schnurrbart
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JoeyHemlock wrote:
Maybe he's got enough stock to last a couple of months...

I ordered a black/gold pro yesterday afternoon. Later that evening I went back to the site and the listing was gone, implying that there were no more available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, looks like I got in under the wire. I was planning on buying an Eagle board from Mr. Crokinole about six months ago but decided to wait till we got back from a vacation in Tokyo.

We got back about two weeks ago and I decided I'd buy myself a holiday present, went online and saw the sale.

With all of the positive things said about both the boards and the dealer I'm glad I did.
Now I'm just freaked out about your stories about it getting screwed up in transit. If there are no more and it gets wrecked I can't exactly get another one can I?

Damn.... I'm going to be biting my nails to the bone until it gets here..!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg r
United States
TROY
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
what website. the one I thought it was had nothing it was almost blank

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene
United States
Venice
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Hey! Watch where you point that thing :)
mbmbmbmbmb
pepperhead wrote:
what website. the one I thought it was had nothing it was almost blank

Recheck the dates on this thread. The going(gone) out of business sale was November 2006.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.