Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Smith
United States
Studio City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. What's fair game for trading? Money? Votes? Faith? Mercenaries? Anything you can agree to (cities/influence)?

2. My understanding of siege rules was that you needed more troops than the city you were about to siege. So you need 250 troops to take a 200 city by siege, for example. The question is: does the passive +200 from the knight count for the purposes of troop strength when taking a city? I thought the answer was 'no', but I read a few references here on the messageboard to sieging small cities with like 1 guy and 50 troops and now I'm not sure. Seems strange to me that 51 troops (knight + 50 mercs) could besiege a city with a 200 garrison.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Stop the admins removing history from the Wargaming forum.
mbmbmbmbmb
yes the general's innate +200 counts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Only money can be traded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
1) This is discussed on the bottom of page 19 under Bargaining. Only money may be given and received. (There is no real trading, only bribing others to (hopefully) do as you wish.)

1) Wow. We've been playing this wrong as well. Sure enough, there it is, clearly stated on page 17: the +200 from a noble counts towards the strength of a seige (both for the attacker and defender). Odd. At least that should speed up the opening city grab.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.