Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: wiki [+] [View All]
Ola Hansson
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the Wiki is a great part of BGG and I have thought of a way to make it even more useful. How about adding small question marks at suitable places on the site that link to help pages in the Wiki?

Here's some examples where you could put these question marks:

* A link to user profile on the "My Geek" page or a link on each section, i.e. a link to GeekGold from the GeekGold section.

* On the page where you edit the front page (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/profile.php?action=editfrontpag...) there could be a link to BGG Front Page or a links to the wiki pages for the different modules, i.e. Reviews Module.

* Links to Category and Mechanism or Glossary on the advanced search page.

There are probably many many more pages that would benefit from links to wiki pages, but I just wanted to give an idea of what I think would be a great addition to BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ola Hansson
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have any comments about my idea?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
olaha wrote:
Do you have any comments about my idea?

I have nothing to add, but I love your ideas! Especially by having the wiki handle the help sections... I'm sure these sections would write themselves (with the help of a few BGGers) in no time and those that already exist would be easier to find for new users.

I hope someone upstairs saw these too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.