Subject: Calling Mt Albert gaming club rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Stop the admins removing history from the Wargaming forum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi fellow Auckland Boardgamers! I am finished tomorrow with Uni and now have more time to devote to boardgaming...YAY! Is your next meeting this tuesday or the one after? I don't have much experience with Euros except maybe Puerto Rico so I would be keen learn some new one particularly antike, twilight struggle, and Imperial (which obviously you probably don't have). I also would like to try battlelines, modern art, Ra, hey thats my fish and blue moon is you guys play any of those.
Thanks
Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Markley
New Zealand
Auckland
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Colin - we meet 2nd, 4th and 5th Tuesdays so unfortunately next one is 28th Nov, followed by 12 Decemeber. Will take a break boxing day and probably start up again 9 January.

Someone has Battleline but haven't seen it played for a while
Not sure if anyone has Twilight Struggle but being 2 player possibly someone has it but doesn't bring it when there are lots of players around
Too early for Imperial but possibly someone has it on order - I'm interested but not sure whether it is because it reminds me of Struggle of Empires which I am burning to have another go at!
Modern Art, Ra are regualar - might not see them every week but good chance someone will bring them along - at least 5 or 6 regulars have these.
Blue Moon the two player card game is certainly owned by at least 2 people but they don't bring it for reasons above. However the newer Blue Moon City is a curren favorite and has been on the tables both last two weeks.
Hey Thats my Fish has been there a couple of times recently but no one actually was playing it.

Other current/recent games seeing a lot of table time are Mykerinos, Reinlander but this Tuesday people were also playing Settlers, Princes of Florence and Citadels as old favorites.

See you in a fortnight
Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Clarke
New Zealand
Auckland
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Colin,

I know Mark Coomey has Battleline, as I have plyed it with him this year. I will nag him to bring it along next time. I'll also bring Ra and Modern Art (two of my favourites).

BC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
awesome... I am not an experience euro player (i've only really plated Puerto rico) and have never played a knizia title, but I am very keen to learn. Our game group tends to favour long political games, personally I love them, but I want to broaden my horizons. Also I am thinking of buying battle lines to play with a friend of mine. see you next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
also if any of you are interested in playing the more long, trashy, and self indulgent games that I own (check my games owned list for details) than feel free to contact me via geekmail. We play Boargames every saturday and sunday. Our regular games include republic of rome, pax romana, warrior knights, TI3, and others.
Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
see you guys tomorrow.. can I bring a few friends?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Clarke
New Zealand
Auckland
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Colin,

Of course you can bring a few friends. The group is open tgo all so just come along and introuce yourselves.

BC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Clarke
New Zealand
Auckland
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume you don't need the mailing list details posted here Colin, since you and Chris got a pamphlet on Tuesday night?

BC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.