Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another playing of Figaro, the light and fun card game from designer Reiner Knizia and published by Mayfair and DaVinci Games. I have a full description of the game in my August 31, 2006 report. An excerpt:

The game does require players to manage their hand of cards, and make numerous decisions throughout the game. Don’t expect to be taxed too heavily here, but also don’t write the game off as being too light. There are tactics to employ, and proper timing is essential. Like most Knizia designs, there is more here than initially meets the eye, and skillful play is rewarded.

I didn’t expect much from Figaro, and the cutesy artwork just reinforced my initial skepticism. However, I’ve been pleasantly surprised. While not filled with deep strategy, there are still some tactics to employ. But the biggest bonus is that the game is fun to play, and it makes for a very good family game. I’m just happy that accident-prone Figaro isn’t working for me!

After doggedly holding on to an early lead, Byron was slammed in the final round. I thought I had flew under the radar and was going to achieve victory, but was bested by my own wife!

Ratings: Alison 6, Byron 6, Greg 6, Gail 5.5, Mark 5

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.