Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Holmes
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
mb
I've been looking for a good authority of up and coming BG's for a while. A single repository where all games from all publishers could be advertised with their release dates by country. Now I may be using my "man eyes" but I can't see it on the Interweb so I thought, why not BGG? Surely this site is big enough for publishers to take notice?

Thoughts, comments?

Kevin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Surely this board is big enough to influence the Industr
Have you seen Gone Cardboard ?

http://www.boardgamenews.com/index.php/boardgamenews/C50/

N.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, most game companies take notice. It doesn't mean you will get them to report schedules or other information here.

Your best bet for gaming news is Rick Thornquist's www.boardgamenews.com where Rick actively searches for the information you desire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Bohrer
United States
Hereford
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He said all games, all publishers, guys. I'm guessing by that, he means Euros, wargames, family games, CCG's , ameristyle, whatever.

BGN typically doesn't condescend to touch most of these; occasional mentions of one in three.

If I read his post right, he's looking for someplace that combines the release info available at CSW, toy industry news, AND BSN.

GAWD, I wish y'all could think outside the blocks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
gbohrer wrote:
He said all games, all publishers, guys. I'm guessing by that, he means Euros, wargames, family games, CCG's , ameristyle, whatever.

BGN typically doesn't condescend to touch most of these; occasional mentions of one in three.

If I read his post right, he's looking for someplace that combines the release info available at CSW, toy industry news, AND BSN.

By the looks of his wishlist, I think BGN has got him covered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Bohrer
United States
Hereford
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

By the looks of his wishlist, I think BGN has got him covered.

Might be, Mike. I didn't look up his profile before I shot off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
gbohrer wrote:

I don't understand why you have a bur in your saddlebag. It doesn't change any information in my post. You certainly pointed out two additional resources for game news which would be very beneficial if they were accompanied by links.

The question really hinged around whether boardgamegeek was influential enough to get release information from all publishers. The answer is no, at least for the near future. It would be great to have one single place for this information and BGG might be as good a place as any. But in an industry where most manufacturers don't promote themselves effectively anywhere, including their own websites, BGG can't make this happen. If you can, I salute you.

I would love to be proven wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, Mayfair has thankfully started announcing their releases here (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/Thommy8/tag/mayfair), so maybe other publishers will follow suit eventually

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.