Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played an Aqua Booster card that states "Your total Fire Power increases to 7." I read this to assume that the total power for my CHARACTER card increased to 7 since it is a booster card. I had 3 other cards in my support area already, and announced my total fire power as 13. Was this correct? Or should my total fire including support cards only have been 7? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Frank
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Spart02 wrote:
I played an Aqua Booster card that states "Your total Fire Power increases to 7." I read this to assume that the total power for my CHARACTER card increased to 7 since it is a booster card. I had 3 other cards in my support area already, and announced my total fire power as 13. Was this correct? Or should my total fire including support cards only have been 7? Thanks!

Your TOTAL Fire Power is increased to 7, so the power of your attack is 7. If you have already a total fire power above 7 this card has no effect, i.e it does not reduce your firepower.

Hope that helped,
Christian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bryant
United States
Jamaica Plain
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow I did not know that. I assumed the same as Bryan. So you can't stack support on those "total power" cards. Man ... they kind of blow then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Doum
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
riledguy wrote:
Wow I did not know that. I assumed the same as Bryan. So you can't stack support on those "total power" cards. Man ... they kind of blow then.

On the other hand, they turn a 1 into a 7, and the cards that effect "printed values" have no effect on them. I'll take a 7 against some Cool gang members, anyday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Denlinger
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
riledguy wrote:

Also remember that it depends on the card. Potions from the Pillar (Potion of Prodigious Passion: "The values of one of my characters increase to 5") increase the character only, so Supports do work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
riledguy wrote:

They are only 2 moons, note that a character card with a value 7 costs 3 moons.

The usage that hasn't been mentioned is in combination with character cards with special power text. Combined with Hank Highflyer Hawk is exceptionally strong (though not unbeatable - I don't believe any combination is unbeatable).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.